Trip Report - Avid Diver - Hydro Atlantic 10-13-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Deepstops, H2OSkier, and myself went on the Avid Diver with Captain Oliver this morning for a trip to the Hydro Atlantic. Sitting at 175 FSW, the Hydro is a real shipwreck, not an artificial reef site. The seas were a little choppy on the way out, but only maybe 2-4 footers. The east wind for the past few days brought in something really great for the dive. CLEAR BLUE WATER! Oliver stopped on the site, and discovered there was little to no current. He dropped us a little to the North of the wreck, so we'd drift into it. It was a very relaxed drop, as the boat just sat, almost motionless with the very slight southward current.

As usual, Oliver dropped us right on the money. When we were only about 25-30 feet down, you could already see parts of the superstructure, which rises to a depth of around 125-130 feet. The water was a little cooler on the wreck itself, but still a pleasant 82 degrees. We entered the wreck, and toured a good portion of the interior for about 15 minutes. We exited through one of the skylights, and headed towards the bow. Dropped in again, and completed our 30 minutes of planned bottom time. After about 45 minutes of pleasant drifting decompression, we all arrived safely at the surface. Thanks again Captain Oliver for a great time on the Avid Diver.

There's a few more photos in my SB Gallery - Enjoy :)

I'm definitely JEALOUS!

Glad ya'll had a great time. :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom