Dive Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrecks30

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just recieved my search and recovery card in the mail, and my question is....can i show it to Dive shops and resorts or do they still need to see the OW cards?

Still new to diving so any help please. Im A :dork2:

It should work-You have to have OW and AOW to take S&R with most agencies.

Yep. It should work. In addition, most of the agencies have certification information quickly available via the internet. It's best to call and verify this with any exotic locale before you arrive though.

I just recieved my search and recovery card in the mail, and my question is....can i show it to Dive shops and resorts or do they still need to see the OW cards?

Since you need to be certified Open Water to get the S&R card, the shops should accept it as proof of OW certification.

However depending on where you go, they might still require your OW card and/or log book (big business like cruise ships work this way). Some might not require anything more than the card that says "Visa" on it, while others might require AOW or better.

If you're ever concerned, just call ahead and ask. It's really up the shop or dive op and there's no way to know exactly what they require without asking.

Terry

Personally, I would show my highest level of routine certification (OW, AOW, Rescue, MSD) which can be combined or not with nitrox (at least by PADI). The only other card I've ever been asked for is DPV for dive/rental.

Good diving, Craig

I try to only show the highest required level of certification. Any particular reason you want to carry your search and rescue card? If it's just for bragging rights, I'd put it in the dive log and make sure you fill out the log with all your buddies present :D

I usually just show the lowest card so I don't get stuck being a dive guide for a newly certified diver...but that doesn't always work :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom