Diving in Italy ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SiSmo

Reaction score
Hi, can anybody send me informations about diving in Italy ?

Where to dive ... in north ...
need permission for diving ?
what kind of permission I need when I want to take my own floating boat (4 m).... ???

thanks ...

Hi Sismo, ciao Chiara!!

Diving in Italy, I'll give you my opinion.
Mediterranean sea with a lot of wrecks and not so much fishes.
Permissions are required only in the parks but mostly the coast is free. You can take your boat but it's very very difficult to find a place to park it.

In my opinion the best is Sardinia Isle but you're cut off the land.
If you come without your boat you're more free to travel. Every dive costs about 30 Dollars.
In Liguria you can visit the Portofino Park, it's lovely.
There are very nice but small islands in the extreme South of Italy: Lampedusa, Ustica,...
I don't know the Adriatic sea.

Everything depends on your budgets of time and money :wink:

Ciao, Marco

Though I'm not an expert, I have to say that Portofino had some excellent dive spots. I have never seen such vibrant red corals on a day dive before! No lamps! I highly recommend it.
Good luck & happy diving!

yes, Portofino is very nice BUT it's a park: there are severe rules to follow and you are mostly forced to use a diving center and costs grow.
Rules are more or less these: park is divided in 3 areas and one is off limit (area A). In area B you can dive but before going you need a pass bought at the marine coast. You also must be a dive master at least and need one scuba-guide every 3 divers. Only a precise number of boat can go in some sites everyday.
Depth limits are also very severe, depending on your licence. For DM it's 40 mt, open 18, adv-rescue 30 mt. Controls are frequent.
If you want to know more, tell me.

Ciao, Marco

Ciao
I'm an instructor working in Toscana. My suggestion is to visit the islands in front of Tuscany cost,like Elba Gigio Giannutri Capraia.
The best is to get there by ferry and find location at arrival. About diving spot the best suggestions u can get from peoples at Bar...

The cost is full of Wrecks specially near a place called San Vincenzo.
Baratti is an other intresting place where u can have archeodive sites...
I have contact if u are interest in these places

Antonio

i snorkeled off the adriatic coast of italy close to Rimini and found it amazing - and all i did was snorkel! I didnt have the equipment to dive at the time. The locals there told me of some wreaks worth seeing but i cannot remember the name. My italiano is terrible. But find out more via the web

Hello
I'm headed for Sardinia the third week of september and would like to get a couple of dives in. Who are some good contacts? Do they have tanks to fit a yoke system?

What are the water temps this time of the year?

Gratsi!
Dean:D

Hey ! Adiver ! Bonjorno senore ! My cousin is going to Toscana, he calls it Toscaniny. He says it is by a town called Momio. Is it the same place ? Anyway he is going there at the end of the month and he wants to dive when he gets there. He will have to rent gear and have a giude to show him where to go. Can you help him ? Please advise, as he is very excited about his trip there. Any help is very appreciated senore. Gracias. Chao amigo !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom