Bega Lagoon Resort, Fiji Sept,2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yudi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Guys,

I will be traveling in Sept, for our honeymoon to Fiji. I read many good reviews about how great the diving is there. Please give me some feedback. Also does anyone of you know if they use 120 voltages or universal electrical outlets?

Yudi, I suggest you go to the Pacific Island sub-thread. You might also check out Tripadvisor.com for a number of good reviews on Beqa Lagoon Resort. I am leaving for the airport in one hour for the flight to Fiji and BLR Oct 15 - 24. :D:D

220 volt power at 50 cycles! Most chargers will work directly as long you have the Plug adapter! Looks like this / \ two pole slanted plug! You can find a lot of info at our web site as well as videos! It is one of my favorite places on earth! Very romantic!

480__MG_0063_Leaving_BLR_Fiji_07.jpg

Hi

I was in Beqa in Sept this year. I wrote a detailed trip report if you are interested
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pacific-islands/306293-beqa-fiji-sept-2009-trip-report.html

The electrical voltage is 220-240V and the socket type is Australian AS-3112 like this:
Australian-Style-Switch-Socket-C215-.jpg

You will need (if not the same as what you have back at home):

* Multi-voltage appliances (laptops, etc.): Plug adapter

* 110-120V electronics: Plug adapter + step-down transformer

* Hair dryers, curling irons, etc.: Plug adapter + voltage converter

from here: Fiji Electrical Outlet info

We went to Beqa Lagoon Resort in 2007 and it was fantastic. We are heading back in Jul 2010 with our local dive shop. If you have already booked your trip, you will not be disappointed unless you are the type of person that wants a lot of activities. There isn't much to do at the resort. However, they do conduct cultural activities in the afternoon (visit to the local school, fire walkers, visit to one of the local villiages, fiji cooking, etc). If you click on the photos link in the left panel you will see some of my pics from my trip to the resort. I would also recommend the shark dives. It is the only shark dive where you will see up to 8 different kinds of sharks (including the possibility of a visit from a tiger shark). Send me a message if you want more info.

Regards,

Bill

Saspotato, read your trip report and viewed your pictures. Well done!!!!! The pictures were excellent!! I noticed that you mentioned that Wiggsy provided you with info about Fiji. Were you part of his group? I met him at BLR when we went in 2007. He is a great guy and I enjoyed meeting everyone in his group.

Regards,

Bill

We just returned from a week at BLR, Oct 15 - 24, 2009. The outlets are 220 in the bures. This is a very nice resort with a great staff. The diving is very good and the food better than OK, but certainly not spectacular. NOAA has a surface sea temperature station in the lagoon that tracks the water temp on a daily basis. Here is the link:

NOAA Coral Reef Watch Time Series Graphs

As you will see, you get the current day-to-day water temps on a graph, and the historical data going back a number of years. This year the water temps have been colder than usual. It was pretty much 76 degrees at depth +/- 1 degree the entire week we were there. You can look at the days you plan on going back over the past years and plan your exposure protection accordingly. I dove a 3mm full with a hooded vest and got cold towards the end of the week. But that's me. I will say that just about everybody was a bit surprised at the water temp.

We went to Beqa Lagoon Resort in 2007 and it was fantastic. We are heading back in Jul 2010 with our local dive shop. If you have already booked your trip, you will not be disappointed unless you are the type of person that wants a lot of activities. There isn't much to do at the resort. However, they do conduct cultural activities in the afternoon (visit to the local school, fire walkers, visit to one of the local villiages, fiji cooking, etc). If you click on the photos link in the left panel you will see some of my pics from my trip to the resort. I would also recommend the shark dives. It is the only shark dive where you will see up to 8 different kinds of sharks (including the possibility of a visit from a tiger shark). Send me a message if you want more info.

Regards,

Bill

We're heading to Beqa with our dive shop as well in July 2010. When will you be there??

Love Beqa Lagoon Resort! Went in '07 and am going again this year Sept. 11. The diving is phenomenal, and the people are even better. Don't miss doing the shark dive.!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom