Looking for a GREAT Dive shop in Destin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ninja Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,

Ninja Diver here from Bonne Terre Mine. Last weekend I was fortunate enough to catch up to my good freind Mr. ScubaBoard (aka Net doc Pete Murray)

We drove to Destin FL and met Nancy, one of the owners of ScubaTech in Destin.

What a GREAT experiance. Let me tell you, these guys know what customer service is and they know where to dive. We completed two wreck dives and two wonderful reef dives.

However, being in the industry, makes you a little more "critical" of an operatation. I'm happy to report that this shop does it RIGHT!
So if you're looking for a dive shop to hook up with.... I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Scubatech in destin.

Tell them Ninja diver and Mr. ScubaBoard himself (aka netdoc) sent you and we can't wait to get back.

Last edited:
Those were some FUN dives on the Sea Cobra from ScubaTech.

The first dive was to the Liberty Ship sunk off of their coast in about 80 Ft of water! The moon jellies were plentiful on the surface to about 20 FSW and then we were free of them! The wreck was simply wonderful! Lots of grunts, angel fish as well as the usual suspects. They had a different coral growth than I am used to from the more southern climes and it was quite interesting! Two largish Jew fish greeted us where the vessel had cracked in half. The NitrOx gave us sufficient bottom time to do the whole ship at a leisurely pace. Steve was clicking his camera like mad and hopefully he will have time to upload a few of his pics here!

Our second dive was only a hundred+ feet away and is our own Puffer Fish's favorite reef. It was an interesting site and we were greeted by two nurse sharks: one alive and one partially eaten carcass. There were a passel of toad fish, scorpion fish, blennies, angels and damsels. We even saw a small octopus, a bristle worm and a number of fish I had never seen! Of course what would a set of dives be without a navigational challenge and we got one:

:homealone: They moved the anchor on us! :homealone:​

But not to worry, we still found them. :D We were a little concerned, but I popped my safety sausage during our safety stop. Then I took a quick peek to see how far we were off and we finished our dive just off of their port bow! Somehow, we escaped the mooning jellies even though I was only wearing a swim suit and t-shirt! :D

Well, to say that Steve was pumped would be putting it lightly! Somehow he finagled us back onto the boat and they even brought us some fresh NitrOx! Yay! Our third dive of the day was on another deep reef (@ 70 FSW), and it was every bit as interesting as the first. The afternoon group was not nearly as proficient as the first group and unfortunately we saw them standing on the reef! Captain Nancy was patient with them which was good: they had a hard time with English! We didn't see them do that on their second dive!

The fourth dive of the day was our most memorable. It was on a sunken tug called the "Miss Louise". Only problem was, it was hard to see the ship for the massive bait ball that surrounded it! I think I saw a billion fish. No, really! Some of the divers complained that they missed the wreck and all they saw was a bunch of fish! Bwahahahahaha! That's how thick they were! Every now and then a 'cuda would zip through the ball looking for dinner. At a max of 55 FSW, this was a great relaxing way to off gas and unwind for the last dive of the day! One the way up, we found two weight pockets, a snorkel and package of bungees! PM me with the manufacturer if you are missing these!

Pete.... I've never seen them offer 4 tank trips. is this new, or did you do two back-to-back 2 tankers? or was it a special charter?

I agree. I have dove with ScubaTec and Nancy was great. Great dives around there. Some of my favorite spearing spots.

Pete.... I've never seen them offer 4 tank trips. is this new, or did you do two back-to-back 2 tankers? or was it a special charter?
Back to back two tankers sans lunch! :D Am I committed to diving, or what? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom