scuba dream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stefo2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just woke up from an afternoon nap after spending most of last night getting back from in Egypt and had the following little dream:

I dropped off the boat (back-roll) with my gear on and sank like a stone. Was no big deal, it was shallow and I kicked myself up easily. Was very confused though, as I had been diving with the same weights for a week. I tried again (!) - same thing happened. When I looked down on myself, I noticed that someone had replaced my 5mm wetsuit by a 3mm shorty (and a bright yellow one at that!), and I hadn't noticed :dork2:. Felt really stupid, especially as I was actually supposed to demonstrate something to the other divers... Negative entry, maybe?

So, give me some dream analysis, please :wink:

The factual background:
I have just returned from a week of diving, but as far as I know I have not made a fool of myself on any occasion there.

Not really. I may have read from people having a fear of someone messing with their equipment on here a little too often, but I've never been worried by that. Nor am I worried about sinking, after all, that's what I want to do at the beginning of a dive :)

In the dream I wasn't frightened at all, just embarrased, so I guess it rather has to do with having a fear of making a fool of myself if anything is to be interpreted into it.

Perhaps...But then again..sometimes people just have dreams. There doesn't always have to be a meaning behind it. Its a way for your mind to keep itself occupied while you sleep.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't really looking for in depth analysis or anything, more like some funny interpretations. Just happened to wake up to that dream with my computer on, scubaboard open and nothing better to do :wink:

When I looked down on myself, I noticed that someone had replaced my 5mm wetsuit by a 3mm shorty (and a bright yellow one at that!), and I hadn't noticed :dork2:.

Obviously you made an enemy by having a great dive vacation. Someone tried to "off" you by dressing you in "yum yum yellow" and hoping there was a hungry shark cruising near by. You should start casting suspicious glances at your friends and family, stay away from open windows and feed part of your lunch to your cat before you eat it.

You can't be too careful in situations like these... IJS... :D

Yeah, I know. I wasn't really looking for in depth analysis or anything, more like some funny interpretations.

:shocked2: Sorry I didn't read this part sooner. I'll see if I can come up with a humorous answer to your problem instead of the serious advice in my last post. :rofl3:

Just woke up from an afternoon nap after spending most of last night getting back from in Egypt and had the following little dream:

I dropped off the boat (back-roll) with my gear on and sank like a stone. Was no big deal, it was shallow and I kicked myself up easily. Was very confused though, as I had been diving with the same weights for a week. I tried again (!) - same thing happened. When I looked down on myself, I noticed that someone had replaced my 5mm wetsuit by a 3mm shorty (and a bright yellow one at that!), and I hadn't noticed :dork2:. Felt really stupid, especially as I was actually supposed to demonstrate something to the other divers... Negative entry, maybe?

So, give me some dream analysis, please :wink:

The factual background:
I have just returned from a week of diving, but as far as I know I have not made a fool of myself on any occasion there.

You forgot to mention if this was a night dive and if you were using a Glow Stick or not!

You know the consequences of not using a Glow Stick can be Fatal! :shocked2:

I can tell you what your dream meant...you were asleep!...:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom