How to keep inflator where it's supposed to be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdfmail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a BP/W from Hollis and the inflator just flops around. On my BCD there is a piece of attached Velcro on the shoulder strap. I noticed on other brand bp/w setups that there is a rubber ring that you can use to keep it in place. Why doesn't my Hollis have this? What should I use?

Thanks

Thanks...I wonder how do you keep it in place and how do you make the loop.

CHeck out the Hogarthian part of the Technical boards. THere is a sticky there with threads about this specific things. I short, you are using a loop of bungee in place of a D -ring with a d-ring keeper or triglide to secure it.

Another important question is whether it is better to secure: 1) inflator hose only, 2) filling LP inflator hose only, 3) both hoses altogether.

Another important question is whether it is better to secure: 1) inflator hose only, 2) filling LP inflator hose only, 3) both hoses altogether.

IMO, secure just the LP hose behind the loop. Inflator is less likely to slip out and it provides for a greater range of movement.

Attachments

• inflator 001.jpg
    inflator 001.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
CHeck out the Hogarthian part of the Technical boards. THere is a sticky there with threads about this specific things. I short, you are using a loop of bungee in place of a D -ring with a d-ring keeper or triglide to secure it.

Thanks...that thread was very helpful! Exactly what I was looking for.

Everyone seems to develop their own way.

I use a double hose clip. I cut off the "hook & swivel". I use two wire ties to attach the hose clip to the BC ring or BC strap. I use the same arrangement for my regulator.

The clip is always PRECISELY where I left it. No fiddling around trying to find something floating around.

It takes two hands to clip in the hose. The clip holds it firmly

When I want the inflator or regulator, I grab it with my hand and pull on it and the hose comes right out of the clip.

I can hold the inflator directly over my head without it first having to take a detour through the velcro fastener first.

Photo of the double hose clip --> Seavenger.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom