play lottery for scuba equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just thought it would be fun to talk about what we would buy if we won the lottery today so list some things you would buy.

history: today I won 55 dollars and reinvested to see if I could win a bunch more. Was hoping to get a bunch of stuff. didn't happen.

bought $10 in scratch offs - won $55 - reinvested - won 11$. I'm up 1 $... hmmm

Ha...I'm more of a roulette person myself. Best odds of winning. But..... I would buy my own gear.(I still rent BCD,Reg, wetsuit) Prob. Sherwood. And then id be getting myself a duel rig high capacity
nitrox tanks. Invest the remaining half to 3/4. And then take a scuba diving tour of the world...:)

Well, last night someone won the $200 million dollar Mega lottery. I suppose that if that person was a diver that he/she'd be doing a lot more diving in much more exotic places. I know that I would. And I wouldn't be flying commercial either. As far as buying anything special I can't think of anything I would need that I don't already have except maybe a couple female companions to take along to twitter the evenings away. Yeah, I know, I'm a sexist and a dirty old man to boot, fershure.

If I won the lottery, I think I'd buy a van and fit it out for diving. It would have a swing out support for doubles, so you could just shrug into them. It would have shelves and places to hang reels and spools, and it would have a water heater and tank for warm post-dive showers. I'd like it 4WD, with a hitch so it could pull the boat. Yes, a dive van would be sweet.

A new engine for the boat would be nice, too.

Hum... first thing I'd do was comission a new house with an exotic dive pool ... reefs, fish, waterfalls, etc. Then while the place was in construction I'd travel to every exotic dive destination on my bucket list and bring at least 20 Wounded Warrior Divers [suds] along to help me enjoy it.

Any remaining $$$ would go to establish a SUDS program on the West Coast. Of course I'd make one request. It should not be limited to severely disabled or amputees. I think this is the greatest therapy for all post deployed soldiers... aftrerall the defination of decompression is:
•the act or process of releasing from pressure.
•a state of relief from pressure; a return to normalcy after a stressful period or situation.

well i'm proud to hear that someone thought to include the wounded warrior comment on my thread this is noble, and I agree. I like the liveaboard comment too. Wouldn't that be a dream, go anywhere in the world.

Because i'm new: I would do most of my initial spending on education, and training. Maybe rebreather equipment. Wreck training and deep training to reach the less visited sites.
Equipment at first would be: doubles, a few apeks xtx regs, a nice drysuit, cannister light and odds and ends.

I would need a dive master on hand, so if i win I will be on here first to talk to some of you about this.

The possibilities are endless....

Well, last night someone won the $200 million dollar Mega lottery. I suppose that if that person was a diver that he/she'd be doing a lot more diving in much more exotic places. I know that I would. And I wouldn't be flying commercial either. As far as buying anything special I can't think of anything I would need that I don't already have except maybe a couple female companions to take along to twitter the evenings away. Yeah, I know, I'm a sexist and a dirty old man to boot, fershure.

That person was not me unfortunately, i like the female companion comment although I probably would have two they would likely be my wife and daughter along for the ride. I would love for my wife to get into diving. If i win maybe this could happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom