Hollis 212 Additional Adjustments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mk706

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finally got my (2)212s/DC1 in the water for some ocean dives. I noticed a couple of issues:
1) Even with a slight current (1.5-2 knots) both my 2nds free-flowed. This was with the pre-dive switch turned all the way to pre-dive, and the adjustment knob turned all the way clockwise (about 4.5 turns)
2) This reg breathes very easy - almost too easy. I dived almost every dive with the pre-dive switch set all the way to pre-dive, as when turned to dive it seemed to deliver too much air.

Two other divers with Oceanic EOS 2nds experienced the same free flow issues in current. Is there another adjustment? Perhaps that a technician can adjust? I prefer keeping my octo on a bungee around my neck, and noticed loss of gas on several dives, even with the adjustments set as stated in the manual. This was particularly noticeable when surface swimming in slight current.

Otherwise, the reg breaths extremely well, but seems to deliver too much air. I'd like to imagine there's an internal adjustment.

The 212 is a solid product that hopefully will dive a little better with a minor adjustments.

I finally got my (2)212s/DC1 in the water for some ocean dives. I noticed a couple of issues:
1) Even with a slight current (1.5-2 knots) both my 2nds free-flowed. This was with the pre-dive switch turned all the way to pre-dive, and the adjustment knob turned all the way clockwise (about 4.5 turns)
2) This reg breathes very easy - almost too easy. I dived almost every dive with the pre-dive switch set all the way to pre-dive, as when turned to dive it seemed to deliver too much air.

Two other divers with Oceanic EOS 2nds experienced the same free flow issues in current. Is there another adjustment? Perhaps that a technician can adjust? I prefer keeping my octo on a bungee around my neck, and noticed loss of gas on several dives, even with the adjustments set as stated in the manual. This was particularly noticeable when surface swimming in slight current.

Otherwise, the reg breaths extremely well, but seems to deliver too much air. I'd like to imagine there's an internal adjustment.

The 212 is a solid product that hopefully will dive a little better with a minor adjustments.

Thanks for the post. Our regulators are factory tuned to deliver peak performance out of the box. This would mean in certain cases with a current, ect. that adjusting the venturi would be helpful in preventing excessive loss of gas. Although in your case i would suggest contacting your Hollis dealer to have it looked at. The noted adjustments would have been sufficient in normal circumstances.

If you have any issues, our customer service team is always there to assist -- 510-729-5110. Hope this helps.

I experience the same issue with my reg, but never a free flow problem. When I get mine serviced I will be having them detuned a little.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom