Divers keep in touch with others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbdqsony

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was wondering how do you guys keep in touch with each other? Email, phone call, snail mail right?

I thought why not use twitter Twitter It's much quicker and we can start follow each other and get update on our dives, sightseeing, and other general things. It's great idea I think.

You can send out video, photo, tweet to all, reply to one, or direct message. It's FUN.
There are few scuba divers at twitter but not enuff so I thought why not start follow eachother if you have one?

My screenname is kevinscuba.

Reply here if u have one so others can start follow u as well.

What's Twitter?

My mother taught me that I would grow hair on my palms if I "tweeted."

But I'm not Catholic, so at least I won't have to feel guilty about it.

Because I have no interest in the routine and mundane parts of anyone else's life ... I already have a life and I have no need for multiple others. Most of the things that make it to posts here are at least, usually, a cut above the routine.

What's Twitter?

My mother taught me that I would grow hair on my palms if I "tweeted."

But I'm not Catholic, so at least I won't have to feel guilty about it.
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: No it's social network... check it out online twitter.com

I won't because I never want to be in a position where someone asks me what I'm doing and I have to say "I'm tweeting". It all seems so undignified.
Seriously though, I've found SB to be a good way to keep in touch with other divers. You get exposed to people from around the world and every kind of discipline.
(Doc's probably tweeting already after hearing me say "exposed" and "disciplined")
I also go to my regional sub forum here to meet local divers and plan/execute local dives.

I'm 55. Don't know what Twitter is. I was the last one to get a home computer in the mid 90s (remember that?). I e mail my dive buddy if there is something to talk about. I send e mails to the LDS for info., though I hope to work there someday as a DM. I am NOT technological and I am a "70s (60s-50s-40-s?) male.... I don't get on electronics every second of the day to converse. I use my cell phone for odd circumstances only...

I won't because I never want to be in a position where someone asks me what I'm doing and I have to say "I'm tweeting". It all seems so undignified.
:rofl3:
(Doc's probably tweeting already after hearing me say "exposed" and "disciplined")
:rofl3: Good ones, Dale.

t_butthead.gif

Huh, huh, if I just twittered, did I just score?

Last edited:
Facebook

What the hell is the difference between 'twittering' and 'texting'? I'm 70 and a computer and technology freak since the early 80's but this other stuff seems so unnessesary. It wants me to ask:"Why not get a life?", if your life is so dull that they have to resort to this type of activity. I could only understand it if the 'twitterer' was about ten years old.

Back
Top Bottom