Where does everyone go...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OSOK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
... to get accurate marine weather info? I've found a couple of sites, but just wondering what everyone else uses. I'm being told the seas are gonna be crap tmrw and have yet to found any site that basically says "crappy seas."

My favorite: Local Weather, Tides, and Marine Forecast for Southeast Florida

Change the zip code to match yours, then use the drop-down box upper right to choose your area for the marine forecast. Assuming you want to dive Broward or Miami Dade tomorrow, sucks to be you:ELD BEACH
to OCEAN REEF
Dated: 1037 PM EDT SUN OCT 18 2009
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING

Rest Of Tonight... North winds 20 knots becoming 15 knots. Near shore...Seas 2 to 4 feet building to 4 to 6 feet. In the gulf stream...Seas 8 to 10 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

Monday... North winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet near shore and up to 8 to 10 feet in the gulf stream. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers.

Monday Night... Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet near shore and up to 8 to 10 feet in the gulf stream. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Slight chance of showers.

Tuesday... Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet near shore and up to 8 to 10 feet in the gulf stream. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Slight chance of showers.

Tuesday Night... East winds 15 to 20 knots. Near shore...Seas 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 2 to 4 feet. In the gulf stream...Seas 5 to 7 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Slight chance of showers.

OSOK:
I'm being told the seas are gonna be crap tmrw and have yet to found any site that basically says "crappy seas."

You won't. You have to know what is crappy and what isn't.

Monday... North winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet near shore and up to 8 to 10 feet in the gulf stream.

This is crappy.

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING

I prefer waves to be less than 2'.
I can dive in 4' waves, but I will get seasick on the surface interval.

Wind out of the East over 10 mph is BAD.
Wind out of the West under 5 mph is good.
Wind over 20 mph is crappy!

... to get accurate marine weather info? I've found a couple of sites, but just wondering what everyone else uses. I'm being told the seas are gonna be crap tmrw and have yet to found any site that basically says "crappy seas."

Let's face it, you can get OUT OF the boat and dive in anything.

It's getting back INTO the boat that's harder when the seas are kicked up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom