Who can I buy a set of open-heel footpockets from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you building your own fin? If you are just repairing a fin, what brand/model. Many free dive fins have interchangeable blades (different flexes); is that what you are talking about?

:confused:

The company I work for (Hollow Graphic, hollowgraphic.com) wants to do a little excursion into carbon fiber and I recommended fins. It's very casual, but nobody makes a CF split fin (that I can find) and I, frankly, really want a pair. Everything is better when made out of carbon fiber :wink:.

I should have the CADs by tomorrow but we need to know what dimensions to make the rear of the blade. I think we might be going a different direction not requiring out sourced footpockets though. Updates soon.

Also yes, I have a pair of C4 flap fins and I know that Omer, Sporasub, and Riffe will all sell me a pair of full foot footpockets but I'm aiming at scuba.

The company I work for (Hollow Graphic, hollowgraphic.com) wants to do a little excursion into carbon fiber and I recommended fins. It's very casual, but nobody makes a CF split fin (that I can find) and I, frankly, really want a pair. Everything is better when made out of carbon fiber :wink:.

I should have the CADs by tomorrow but we need to know what dimensions to make the rear of the blade. I think we might be going a different direction not requiring out sourced footpockets though. Updates soon.

Also yes, I have a pair of C4 flap fins and I know that Omer, Sporasub, and Riffe will all sell me a pair of full foot footpockets but I'm aiming at scuba.

I know that Beuchat used to make an open heel long blade fin, don't know if they still do though.
If you get these fins up and going I would be very interested in them as I have a very wide foot and can't wear boots or sox with the full foot fins that are available for Spearfishing and my feet are COLD!!!!!!!!

Regards

Sporasub makes open-heel foot pockets. I know this because I own a pair of Dessaults:

StaticPoolside.jpg

They were ordered through a LDS that's out of business now. You might call Vanessa at The Freedive Shop-she's an expert at finding stuff.

BTW, if your company ever gets into it, I'd be very interested in a CF monofin.

All the best, James

Edit: Have you considered a fin that would bolt on to a Revolution footbed? I haven't had the chance to try a pair of Revolutions, and what little I've heard from a friend is "love the foot, hate the fin", and said the fin was "half of a C4".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom