What's up with those flourescent dive goddess skins I see in the magazines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h3o

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but it must be the most hideous pattern I have ever seen. You know which one I'm talking about, the dive goddess ad with the girl in the wetsuit with flourescent strips in every imaginable color. Do people really wear those? I know there must be some other people wondering the same thing. My apologies to those of you who think they're nice. They must be selling because I keep seeing the same ad month after month.

Haven't seen the ad, so I don't know which particular Dive Goddess pattern you have taken exception to. But I do have a harlequin one myself, which is fairly lurid.

Apart from a talking point on trips (and anyone drinking too heavily the night before reaches very quickly for the sunglasses), it's also a safety feature. Even in poor viz, your dive buddy will not start following the wrong pair of legs - they can spot you at any distance, much better than if you were wearing anonymous black. Even on night dives - though they don't actually glow in the dark.

(ok, so your buddy should stay close anyway, but haven't most people had a coral bommie viciously jump out and put itself between them and their buddy?)

Yeah, I saw that ad in Rodales yesterday!!

That is definitely one heck of a pattern....

Who wore a very bright dive skin. Hot yellows and pinks.

She was very easy to see and ID in the water.

Peter

ahh... better id underwater, now that makes sense... you'll still never catch me wearing one though, hehe.

I'm thinking about getting the paint pens out and coloring that pattern on my tanks and drysuit. Whadaya think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom