Is It Ever Ok....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are no Scuba Police that will write you a ticket for doing so.

However, if you make a mistake, instead of paying a ticket, you and your loved ones will pay with your life.

It is possible to dive solo safely, with the right training, equipment, conditions and mindset. Determining if you have all of those is purely up to you.

All the best, James

Think of the money that could be made if you had a helmet with flashing red and blue lights and a waterproof ticketbook haha

It is called a Solo Cert and I have been as many Photographers diving solo for years! So the answer is YES! People who scrap boat bottoms do it all the time! On and on!

Think of the money that could be made if you had a helmet with flashing red and blue lights and a waterproof ticketbook haha

I have an underwater notebook for ticketing... where do I get the helmet? This sounds like a fun way to spend the occassional dive weekend at Monterey.. I'll bet every diver in the area would "introduce themselves" to me once back on shore! LOL Fun way to get divers to support a PAL BBQ.. hehehehe

If you partner is not on a short leash... your diving alone.

and yes it is okay.

Solo diving requires proper training and a ample level of experience as well as redundant gear. If you are starting to ask the question is it ok for me to dive alone then look into the training. But until you no longer have to ask if its ok for your dive alone then its not ok.

Even holding a solo cert most dive operations will not permit you to dive alone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom