Liveaboard options between Japan-US 7/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikRaeder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be headed home to California around July of '10 and have some stops to make along the way. My route will basically be Japan-SE Asia-Turkey/Greece-Italy-US.
I was hoping to get a Similian Island liveaboard in on my way out, but apparently the park is closed. Any recommendations somewhere along or not too far off of that route for liveaboard diving next summer? Feel free to hit me with any recommendations, links, etc. Please.

Palau, Ocean Hunter! Not on the way, but I think there are charter flights to and from Japan. I had a fantastic experience there...

If you are in south east asia you should definetly dive at Similian Islands. I just finished 5 days on a live aboard boat (M/V Oktavia) cruising around Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, and Richelieu Rock. I think it was only a few of the islands that were closed. Absolutely fantastic diving and great social life aboard as well, which is nice especially if you travel alone.

I believe July/August is monsoon season and there are no boats, but thanks anyway

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom