Looking for hunters to charter a trip to Tortugas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garretwords

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I would like to take a spearfishing charter to the Dry Tortuga, but I need more people. The charter should be some time between November 28 and December 20. I wish to take this trip during this time because the new laws will exclude the ability to hunt for grouper between January to April. The laws limiting spearfishing, fishing, hunting, et cetra, are continuing to grow and will continue to limit the ability for people to have these life experiences. This is why I would like to take this trip as soon as possible. I believe that this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The boat requires 8 passengers for the charter, currently I only have one , me. The web site of the charter is, spearfishingcharters.com, you will certainly be able to find all the information necessary there; including prices, what to bring, contact information, and hunting to look forward to. If anybody is interested you can send me a pm through the forum, or contact the charter company.

Thank you, and happy hunting!

Garret W.

I would like to take a spearfishing charter to the Dry Tortuga, but I need more people. The charter should be some time between November 28 and December 20. I wish to take this trip during this time because the new laws will exclude the ability to hunt for grouper between January to April. The laws limiting spearfishing, fishing, hunting, et cetra, are continuing to grow and will continue to limit the ability for people to have these life experiences. This is why I would like to take this trip as soon as possible. I believe that this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The boat requires 8 passengers for the charter, currently I only have one , me. The web site of the charter is, spearfishingcharters.com, you will certainly be able to find all the information necessary there; including prices, what to bring, contact information, and hunting to look forward to. If anybody is interested you can send me a pm through the forum, or contact the charter company.

Thank you, and happy hunting!

Garret W.

Sounds like a nice trip although April 2 is not an entire lifetime away. :)

I might be interested in going and I have a couple others who would most likely be interested as well. How many days are you thinking of going for?

Most of the charters are for 3 or 4 days. I believe, though not positive, the minimun would be 3 for the Tortugas with this boat.

Sounds like a nice trip although April 2 is not an entire lifetime away. :)
You are right April is not far away, but my job's season begins in May; so I would not have a chance to go then. Also, I have heard that the clod weather brings the fish into the shallower (warmer) waters, makeing winter the best time to go for the big fish.

hunting in the Tortugas is awesome. I have speared there 2x and can't wait to get back. Wish I could be part of this trip.

You are right April is not far away, but my job's season begins in May; so I would not have a chance to go then. Also, I have heard that the clod weather brings the fish into the shallower (warmer) waters, makeing winter the best time to go for the big fish.

You are correct. Your first post seemed to over dramatically react to the the new grouper closure rules. I spearfish/losbter every weekend around here and although I am not over joyed with the new rules in the long-run we are will benefit. There are so many GG around now that they are becoming a traffic nusance on reefs/ledges and wrecks. I know their growl/grunts well....:D

P.S. Good time of the year for reasons of heat and lack of the threat of hurricanes IMO. Keep us posted. :)

I spoke with the captian of the boat, he said the best way to get the trip going would be to contact them Email: seaclusivekw@bellsouth.net or phone: 305-744-9928, by doing this you would further solidify your intrist in the trip. They will request your information; Name, phone numbers, email, et cetra. The next question I have is, how flexable is everyones schedual? Can the trip be taken on weekdays, or only weekends? Also, Which dates would be best for everyone? Personally, I will be unable to go December 3, 4, 5, and 6th. any other dates between November 28 and December 20 are good for me.

Is anybody still interisted? Did anyone contact the boat? I am courious as to where we stand. I attempted to add some photos of the boats earily catch from this year.

Attachments

• 20080101_15-tmb.jpg
    20080101_15-tmb.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC02528-tmb.jpg
    DSC02528-tmb.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC02496-tmb.jpg
    DSC02496-tmb.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC02543-tmb.jpg
    DSC02543-tmb.jpg