SeaDoo GTi battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decimal86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi folks,

i got myself a SeaDoo GT i and looks like the battery does not charge anymore ( the chrgr blinks but the battery does not power the scooter).

can the battery be re-conditioned or do i buy a new one? thks for all yr help.

go to a battery wharehouse or the like. let them test it to see if the battery is good or not. if it is no good i can almost guarenty they will have a new one in stock.

had to go get one for my dads scooter last year. i think the price for the new battery was 20 or 25 dollars

go to a battery wharehouse or the like. let them test it to see if the battery is good or not. if it is no good i can almost guarenty they will have a new one in stock.

had to go get one for my dads scooter last year. i think the price for the new battery was 20 or 25 dollars

thks for yr help.

Can anyone tell me how many volts a good battery will show? I picked up a couple used GTI's and know the batteries are pretty old. Some of them do power the GTI. However I don't want to risk taking the units out only to find out they are lasting a short life.

well i finally put the old battery to rest, (professionally disposed-off) and bought a new one.

found out a couple of things,

1) always charge it fully before using.
2) charge it fully after using.
3) could not squeeze one and one half hour out of it though it says 2 on the label.
4) no it cannot be re-conditioned

It's also a good idea to charge it up every couple months especially during winter storage as SLA batteries tend to die when not being used

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom