Palau Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdoug1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I did not find any recent reports about the Palau Aggressor, I was wondering if anyone had been on this trip and had some comments. Also wondering what the best and worst time of year was for diving in Palau.

I did not find any recent reports about the Palau Aggressor, I was wondering if anyone had been on this trip and had some comments. Also wondering what the best and worst time of year was for diving in Palau.

only bad time of year to go to Palau is during rainy season, late Aug-early Nov, as it rains and rains and rains. If you want to see tons of sharks like we did, then go during shark mating season Dec-Feb. :D

I did it about a year ago. I was very pleased with the trip. The cabins were quite comfortable. The food was first class. The dive crew was very accommodating. All divers dive at the same time in the same location. The diving is not for beginners. Be prepared for current. Be prepared for waves. The trip to Palau seems to go on forever. We spent one night in the Palau Pacific Resort (a little upscale but very nice). The diving is first class and I intend to return.

If you have specific questions, I will try answer them.

Art

I did two weeks back-to-back on the Palau Aggressor in Sept/Oct 2007. First week was rainy off and on, with plenty of chop - but the diving was spectacular. Second week was clear and calm all week, and the diving was spectacular. The crew both weeks were spectacular, as was the boat and the dining. Five star treatment. It is a long, long trek to Palau, so if you can stay for two weeks of diving, do it. I will be going again, for two weeks, sometime in the next year or two. The diving was that great.

We did the Ocean Hunter III last December and that is an excellent liveaboard with great food. I did 30 dives during the 7 day trip and the Palau reefs and wrecks were excellent. With the weak economy the number of divers are down, which will work in your favor. A few divers did not do the full week, some left and a couple joined us for the last two days so they might have a bit of schedule flexibility. You might want to consider Ocean Hunter as well.

Ralph

I The diving is not for beginners. Be prepared for current. Be prepared for waves.

We took my teenage nieces there this summer who were recently certified and they did just fine with currents - they even dove Pelieliu Express twice ;-). Hooking in was not a problem for them at the Corner. So it really depends on the conditions.

We looked diving from the Aggressor but instead chartered a sail boat:

Eclipse - Palau Diving, Fishing, Kayaking, Snorkeling and Wreck Diving Tours

A bit like camping at sea but we could do what we wanted and when wanted for less than what it would cost for a week on the Aggressor. The food was to die for ...

As for when to go not around the holidays. However, I would highly suggest timing it around a full or new moon. This time frame is the only time when you can dive U-Lung Channel which needs a strong incoming tide. This dive ranks as one of my wife's and I's top ten dives. Also you know it a good dive when the divemaster has just as big of a smile on their face as you do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom