Diving in Spain Info, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquagirl

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on diving around Almeria, Malaga or somewhere within a 3hr drive from there? I'll be headed there soon (last minute stuff) and I'm try to search for diving info around these locations, types of dives, water temp and whether or not the dives are good? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks..

Hello aquagirl.

Malaga is not a good place to dive. There is too much civilization near and the water is not ver clear.

almeria is a very good place to dive. Is a protected park. You can go to "San jose" "aguadulce", "carboneras", "cago de gata", etc etc. The only one problem that I see with Almeria is that dive zones are not very near from the earth.

I prefer Murcia province. Its near to Almeria.
You have all kings of dives and very good water quality.

If you go to "cabo de palos" (murcia) you will find one of the best places
to dive in spain. A lot of live in the sea, a lot of wrecks, but the sea is not very good usually and usually you will find very strong currents.

If you go to "la azohia" or "mazarron" (murcia) you will find more or less the same that in "cabo de palos" but without currents, very good sea and a lot of very good dives.

The water in summer is at 24 ºC and if you go deep (30 meters)you can find 17ºC.

do not hesitate to contact me if you want more precise information.

Ruben

ruben,

Thank you for your response. I've been away for a while so I have not looked at the board. I contacted a dive agency in Almeria in caba de gatos that sounded ok. I think I prefer to dive in Almeria because I will be spending most of my time there and it would be more simple for me. I will send you a PM.

Dived near Cartegena. Approx 1 hour south by boat.

The dive center insisited I have diving insurance. I am under the impression that thats the law. If you have a general travel policy etc make sure it specifies diving, else you can purchase short term policies at the dive centers. No biggie but something to be aware of.

Dived El Fallaron & La Laja a few times. Both sites around a rock sticking out of the middle of the sea. 24°C at end of Summer. Fair amount of swimthroughs & walls. 15m or so vis, worse in current. Big fish around but they won't come anywhere near you. Have a feeling people spearfish there :wink:

S.
=

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom