Port lock change and service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdoug1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I will be sending in the housing for my D300 for the port lock upgrade. I would like to also get a housing check-up / overhaul while you have it. Will this increse the 3 week turnaround time?

Last edited:
just wondering with the superwide body it was a bayonet type setup it always worried me that if it turned anticlockwise by halve a turn at the surface the dome could pop out and that was with the 2 clip system does this mean with the 4 clip system it will only need a quarter of a turn,is there a different way it locks with the new port body?
steve

The new superwide port body comes with an L-shaped locking piece which attaches after the port is installed. With the locking piece in place, the port will not be able to rotate off of the housing.

The same locking piece can also be used with the original superwide body and two-lock system. It will be available for purchase in early November as product #5510.09. Details will be posted on the site sometime in the upcoming week.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

just wondering with the superwide body it was a bayonet type setup it always worried me that if it turned anticlockwise by halve a turn at the surface the dome could pop out and that was with the 2 clip system does this mean with the 4 clip system it will only need a quarter of a turn,is there a different way it locks with the new port body?
steve

The new superwide port body comes with an L-shaped locking piece which attaches after the port is installed. With the locking piece in place, the port will not be able to rotate off of the housing.

The same locking piece can also be used with the original superwide body and two-lock system. It will be available for purchase in early November as product #5510.09. Details will be posted on the site sometime in the upcoming week.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Hi Steve & Jean
I have been producing and had for sale a similar device since my posting here on the scubaboard on
post_old.gif
September 13th, 2009, 08:31 PMfound here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ikelite/278516-canon-40d-ikelite-flood.html?highlight=flood

I set up a website to promote this item Underwater Camera Stuff and a email was sent to one of the developers at ikelite (Larry Ostendorf) on 10-5 but I never received a reply from ikelite.

It will be interesting to see what the ikelite item looks like and what the cost will be.

In the meantime you can have a look at my efforts if you desire.

Ikelite port locks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom