Diving Acronyms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnStrr

Reaction score
Ok, for those of us not "in the know" I'd like for everyone, especially the long-time divers, to please list any diving acronyms that you know. So while us newbies are reading the posts and see:

"That DIR guy just ICBM'ed his BCD in 200 FST"
:confused:
we'll know what the heck you're talking about.

Peace,

John

But that doesn't provide fun for anyone.:(

Thanx for the link though.

"Your telling me that Bent2 is a diving term. Suffering from too much tequila?"

I didn't say it was only diving terms. Besides, I didn't write that article, it's not controversial enough.

Just wanted to confirm. I would hate to be at my LDS and have my DM talk to me about being bent and I use that term. :wink:

I didn't say it was only diving terms. Besides, I didn't write that article, it's not controversial enough.

And that's why I asked. I want to hear the whole Forum's acronyms, from everybody, even if they are colloquial or personal. That's what the forum is for right? to share ideas and experiances, maybe even a little humor?

Ohh and BTW I'm a systems administrator for a bank, all 8 of my computers have Google as their home page, so I am well aware that the "Search button is your friend" (Sydney Diver I think) :wink:, I prefer human interaction. The forum is your friend, talk to him.

You would be forever getting all the terms. By the way, Walters a good head. Lots of knowledge on alot of subjects. :wink:

I agree, from what reading I've done on this board, Walter gets a big OK sign. Not dumping on anyone, just thought it would be fun, guess not. ;-0

JohnStrr once bubbled...
I agree, from what reading I've done on this board, Walter gets a big OK sign. Not dumping on anyone, just thought it would be fun, guess not. ;-0

Well there is no reason why we can't have fun. Goodness, I am one of the worse ones for getting it going, right Walter!! :)

Back
Top Bottom