cleaning 8 inch dome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-s

Reaction score
i have the ike 8 inch dome and i find it irritating the amount of lint and particles that find its way on the inside of my dome ,i think it is clean attach the dome and wo be hold there it is again,has anyone now of a miracle cloth or something cause it is driving me nuts

New on here, not even lurked but been around a few other places for a while. Be gentle.

Yes, flat ports might be one thing but the 8" dome is difficult to clean thoroughly inside. A vacuum cleaner is not normally part of my travel kit :wink:
I think the trick is to stop it getting in there in the first place. I place a thin plastic sheet over the dome entry and trap it with the dome cover.

Have to say its a mystery why Ike don't provide a cheap poly bung for it. Maybe I should be posting this in the Ike wish list thread.

As I stated earlier in a previous thread I use the ikelite flat port neoprene cover on the back of my 8" port.

The problem is likely due to static build up and using lint cloths would probably exacerbate the problem. I have the 8" port but don't suffer from the problem. Try cleaning using lens cleaning fluid and absorbent paper kitchen towels.

Steve

Be very careful with kitchen towels!! Definetively they are not recommended to clean any glass or acrilic surface. As you know, kitchen towels are more resistant than toilet paper. That's because they include some glass fiber, which will scratch the surface of your port. Kitchen towels are also not recommended to clean eyeglasses. So, why would you clean the inner part of your dome with kitchen towels? Not me!
It's only a suggestion...

Back
Top Bottom