LED16W Canister System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hollis Gear Nick

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Here is a sneak peek at our new LED canister system. It uses a 16W LED powered by a lithium polymer battery pack. We call it the "best of both worlds" - output of HID @ over 1000 lumen with the reliability and efficiency of LED technology. We will have a production unit at Dema on display. These will be shipping November 15th - MSRP $1199.

Features:
16W LED / Lithium Polymer battery system
4 Hour burntime / Output +1000 Lumen
Weighs 4lbs on land / 2lbs in water
Charging time is 3.5 hours with fully discharged pack
Delrin canister body / Aluminum head
Goodman grip or Elastic grip (optional)
Max Operating depth 500ft./152m.
CanLight.jpg

Is that a Cree MC-E led?

I'm looking to get a cannister light, but am finding no way to get a feel for comparing the brightness of the latest LED lights versus the HID "standards". Wattage doesn't do it and I've been told that lumens is a measurement that can be "doctored" enough to lack meaning for such comparisons.

How is the non-engineer consumer to understand how to compare these lights?

I'm looking to get a cannister light, but am finding no way to get a feel for comparing the brightness of the latest LED lights versus the HID "standards". Wattage doesn't do it and I've been told that lumens is a measurement that can be "doctored" enough to lack meaning for such comparisons.

How is the non-engineer consumer to understand how to compare these lights?

When I got my canister light, I was lucky to live somewhat close to a dive shop that carried several canister lights. I dove with each one in the pool room with the lights turned off. I could not tell a difference between a 700 lumen LED, 900 lumen LED, and 1,000 lumen HID, but I was in a pool. The light I wish I could afford was a 50w HID, now that was light :eyebrow:.

Now we're talk'n ... I want one! :D
very cool, thanks

(yeah, a narrow (or adjustable) beam angle is important for using it in many situations)

Osram LED

Makes sense now. You should a make a can light with 3 of those guys for DEMA. I have thought about building a dive light with 6 Cree MC-E lights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom