Diving with a lantern

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZapDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A little while ago I saw a thread here about what "forbiden" actions some divers usually take.

Some one said that he always dove with his lantern, but I don't understand why that is a bad thing, I always carry my light with me and if I the visibility starts declining or if I just want to see something a clearly, I use it.

SO, what´s the deal with bringing a lantern?

Well, I could KINDA understand that.The Larger the light, the more weight your carrying around, and the less stream line one may become.Ultimately concluding to less bottom time.

I have a large light that I HATE taking with me unless I plan on going inside a wreck or doing a night dive. But other then that, I always bring my mini light with me. Right on my BCD to help keep myself streamline.

Lights also have a tendency to get caught up in stuff if the light is around your wrist. I remember one night dive in a quarry my light somehow got caught in the descent. I was unable to untangle the mess due to I couldn't really see it.(the light was pointing away from the tangle)My buddy ended up un-tangling it for me.

But perhaps a lantern is a bad idea cause usually fire is required to light one?
:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom