A weekend of diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The crew

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Had a fantastic weekend diving for Scallops (shell fish) and crayfish (spiny lobsters) over the weekend, I completed 5 dives for the weekend at varing depths from 10 - 30,

The scallops were easy to find and we caught our quota, these shellfish live on a sand / mud bottom so all the fish life that I saw during these dives was a couple of flounder and a occy (octopus) no stingrays or fish were seen.

Then began the cray dives .. with limited vis on each dive over the 3 days I saw an array of fish life with blue moki and blue cod for company on each dive which made for a extremly pleasent surrondings, I saw number of reasonable to large crays but only manage to catch a one small one, the females were still carrying eggs and the most of the larger were well back in there cave / crevices. Other divers I talked with had had their share of luck and dissapiontments with a large but (over 8 pounds) being caught but released due to being in soft shell state (moulting).

So over all It was a grat weekend of diving vis was limited and the water still cold but thing should start warming up soon, and the crays will drop their eggs and the bucks will finish moulting and we will into a summer of amazing diving once again.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom