Threading a two-slot weightbelt buckle???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711

Reaction score
Does anyone have any directions or even better, pictures, on how to thread the webbing on a two slotted (three slots in total) weight belt buckle?

The buckle in question looks like this
Stainless_Steel_Buckle_Option_1.jpg

The problem is, the only way I can figure out how to thread the darn thing involves running webbing under the cam buckle. But there's no way it will close with two thicknesses of webbing under the buckle.

Any brilliant suggestions?

Those are for three slots. My buckle has two slots.

I can figure out a three slotted buckle, no problems. I have two slots behind the cam, one in front. This makes it a lot tougher.

Any 'other' suggestions?

2 slots back, 1 slot frount threading.

Sorry for the cartoony picture.

I'll see if I can't get that to go. It's a real pain to feed the webbing through twice on any of the slots, but I'll see what I can't do.

Thanks Jim.

That is how I have mine threaded, nice and tight.. the buckle isn't going anywhere.

If your having a lot of trouble, soak the webbing (makes it a bit more flexible) and stick the buckle in the freezer for an hour (makes the holes a tinny bit bigger).

If I'm picturing this correctly; you've got two slots close together by the release of the buckle; and then one just past the 'teeth' of the buckle.

If that's the case; that's the same as mine. I feed it up through the first slot; down the second slot. The it runs along under the buckle and comes back up through the last slot beyond the teeth.

JimC once bubbled...
2 slots back, 1 slot frount threading.
I have always done mine slightly different... cleaner, but the webbing must be cut to an exact length:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom