A kilt...the perfect post dive accessory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cid90

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else kilting up after a dive? No more finishing a dive and having to do the “hold a towel with one hand and removing your dive shorts with the other hand” maneuver.

This is still a theory because I just got my first kilt. But I will just put my kilt over my dive shorts and drop trou without compromising my modesty. It works better than a towel and you can even wear it out to the local pub after the fact.

This is not you great grandpa’s kilt. This is an American version made with the same material used in cargo pants/shorts. When it gets dirty I can just wash it in the machine and hang dry.

Check them out at www.utilikilts.com

We all know divers are considered a unique and sometimes eccentric group. So who else is kilting it after a dive?
:D

Looks like you're the only eccentric one here!:)

I'll keep my pants....

A skirt by any other name, would blow as free.

No offense to the Scots, but that's one tradition I don't see catching on anywhere else, including dive boats.

and your pants - I'll still stay with trousers as I don't want to get locked up....:D

Never thought I'd see this here but hey, it's pretty cool!

I have a kilt, but it's "grand pa's" 9 yards of wool with the family tartan. I don't think I want to wear that thing out and about. But the utilikilt looks pretty smart, hey, I am tattooed white trash anyway, so, I'm not worried about anyone saying anything or staring at me, after all, I understand my doc martins hurt when impacting gawkers in the shins. I think I'll pick up one of those utilikilts and just DARE someone to say something! *chuckle* I sooo love shock value!

"Yeah, I'm tattooed white trash in a skirt, got a problem with that"?

"I can run faster with my kilt up than a woman can with her knickers down".

"Made for a man, with women in mind.. Why do I wear a skirt? MORE head room"!

You wear a skirt out in public and get pissed when people stare? What the heck do you expect them to do?

GQMedic once bubbled...
Never thought I'd see this here but hey, it's pretty cool!

I have a kilt, but it's "grand pa's" 9 yards of wool with the family tartan. I don't think I want to wear that thing out and about. But the utilikilt looks pretty smart, hey, I am tattooed white trash anyway, so, I'm not worried about anyone saying anything or staring at me, after all, I understand my doc martins hurt when impacting gawkers in the shins. I think I'll pick up one of those utilikilts and just DARE someone to say something! *chuckle* I sooo love shock value!

"Yeah, I'm tattooed white trash in a skirt, got a problem with that"?

"I can run faster with my kilt up than a woman can with her knickers down".

"Made for a man, with women in mind.. Why do I wear a skirt? MORE head room"!

But, you say skirt like it's a bad thing! Lemme guess, it's the knees, right? *smirk*

detroit diver once bubbled...
You wear a skirt out in public and get pissed when people stare? What the heck do you expect them to do?

At times, a strong updraft does.

pops once bubbled...
Whatever blows your skirt up.

As a Scots lass, I have to say, men in kilts, yum.

Men in kilts at a ceilidh dancing, whirling round in a Reel or Strip the Willow.... even better.... :cheer: It's not just the knees, it's the thighs

Scuse me, must go for a cold shower :cold:

Back
Top Bottom