Afghanistan Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CPT OZZY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everybody. I've been here fora few months now, and let me tell you The diving here sucks !!. If you were considering a Dive trip to The Khyber Pass / Tora Bora region, or the Hindu-Khuz go to the Caymens instead!

As we were going through the stuff in the Building our Forward Surgical Team occupies here in Eastern Afghanistan my commander came across a poster of THE ORISKANY !! - what are the chances? (needless to say that poster is gracing the wall in my hooch)

Things have been busy, and with the upcoming Afghanistan runoff elections we expect to be busier in the next week or so. So far every Hero that has made it to us has survived.

A couple of weeks ago another Forward Operating Base in our region was briefly overrun, and we were very busy for about 26 hours straight.

For what its worth My FST (Forward Surgical Team) was shown on this nightline program - I think this footage is from that incident.

On The Frontlines - ABC News

Get wet for me - there ain't no diving here!

Come back safe - and if you're ever in/near NJ let's go diving!

Usually I'd look for dammed-up rivers to dive when in a dry country, but somehow I don't think that diving the reservoirs behind the Dahla Dam Third Quarterly Report on Afghanistan Released
or the Kajaki Dam Kajaki Dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia would meet PADI safe diving concepts.....

Thanks for you and your team's service! I'll send you all some cold water diving thoughts (41 degrees F water should cool things down) when I'm diving this weekend in Lake Huron.

Hey everybody. I've been here fora few months now, and let me tell you The diving here sucks !!. If you were considering a Dive trip to The Khyber Pass / Tora Bora region, or the Hindu-Khuz go to the Caymens instead!

As we were going through the stuff in the Building our Forward Surgical Team occupies here in Eastern Afghanistan my commander came across a poster of THE ORISKANY !! - what are the chances? (needless to say that poster is gracing the wall in my hooch)

Things have been busy, and with the upcoming Afghanistan runoff elections we expect to be busier in the next week or so. So far every Hero that has made it to us has survived.

A couple of weeks ago another Forward Operating Base in our region was briefly overrun, and we were very busy for about 26 hours straight.

For what its worth My FST (Forward Surgical Team) was shown on this nightline program - I think this footage is from that incident.

Thank you for your service sir. I don't know you but I owe you. FST I'm sure others owe you too! Stay safe come home whole. God Bless.

Damn, Down in Kandahar we at least had Arghandab Lake.. Never did dive it though :wink:

Apart from that, I'd agree, not much diving..

Have a good one... More cold water diving thoughts commin' from this way.

The diving sucks? No wonder the Russians the gave up on the place!

We have a contingent of Canadians on our FOB - Canada Rocks!

Damn straight

Keep yourself and those you are there with safe, come play with the puppies on a dive here on the West coast when you get back.

My youngest daughter just returned from Afghanistan dying to "get down & get wet".. LOL She was with Task Force Hammer - FOB Wolverine. She couldn't wait to go diving saying it was the only way to get rid of the dirt and sand! Come home safely.. soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom