Gilboa - Labor Day Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckchick

Scubavangelist
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This is the latest and greatest from the Skills Clinic thread.

What I know so far is that most people are planning to be there on Saturday, August 30, and at least some people will be around for Sunday and maybe Monday.

For Saturday we have The ScubaGuys armed with a video camera willing to go out and videotape a dive or 2(?) and debrief with the participants later.

BigT has agreed to show up with, not 1, but 2 turkey fryers and cook up a feast for everyone. I said I'd bring some side items and such, and anyone that wants to join in the big feast would be more than welcome to contribute either some dining accessories (food, plates, utensils, etc.) or a few dollars to offset the cost of feeding everyone. Let us know what you plan to do so we don't double up on stuff.

Beyond that there are no hard and fast plans as to what will be covered, but there's still room for suggestions. I'm an inexperienced diver, but anyone that's having compass troubles, I can help. There will be plenty of experienced divers around that I'm sure would be more than happy to help with weight and trim issues. If anyone wanted to practice rescue skills, that can probably be arranged as well. So, if you have suggestions, pipe up!

The folks that have expressed interest so far are as follows:

biscuit7
Diveski01
Detroit Diver
BCS
Scot
Mike Ferrara
Big-T-2538
Big T's brother
netmage
Laser
DSJ
DanGibson
JBD
diverbrian
dcostanza
wb416
jtivat
wvmike
boogie711
scubafishee
MSD
MSD's buddy
----------------------------- <edited to add>
Seacur
Boogie711
Wagner and Cannon (you know he's going to be there!!)

Anyone who wants to come and dive is more than welcome! If we've missed you on this list, let us know (thanks to detroit diver for keeping track)!

Thanks for all the interest so far! It's going to be a fun weekend!

Rachel

I'd like to be there but need assurances that none of those nicknames hides one Brian Wagner & bro, the Combustible Brothers. I need peace and quiet, and another weekend with the Wagnerian Sonic Cannon is anything but restful.

What the hell, I'll come anyway, but if I know he's gonna be there, I'll bring earplugs, and better beer than that weird Porter stuff he was serving. My sideburns turned long and grey, and I began to walk with a stoop after one of those thangs.

JohnF

I'm really looking forward to coming. Do you want us Canadians to bring some exotic local delicacies? REAL beer? Maple Syrup? Chocolate covered Moose droppings?

:D

Mebbe in Kitchener, but in Stratford we cover mint chocolate with more chocolate. Much more user friendly, and you have nicer smelling breath after eating them.
Moose droppings .... BLEAHHH!!!

JF

Seacur once bubbled...
I'd like to be there but need assurances that none of those nicknames hides one Brian Wagner & bro, the Combustible Brothers. I need peace and quiet, and another weekend with the Wagnerian Sonic Cannon is anything but restful.

What the hell, I'll come anyway, but if I know he's gonna be there, I'll bring earplugs, and better beer than that weird Porter stuff he was serving. My sideburns turned long and grey, and I began to walk with a stoop after one of those thangs.

JohnF

I'm sure you can handle it John. Besides, I didn't get to dive with you last time.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
I'm really looking forward to coming. Do you want us Canadians to bring some exotic local delicacies? REAL beer? Maple Syrup? Chocolate covered Moose droppings?

Is that milk chocolate or dark?
I would say to bring some maple leafs for...oh never mind........

Boogie711 once bubbled...

Just the beer man.....who the hell plans on diving anyway?????

I am only going to be there Saturday...and Sunday morning....I promised the wife I'd be home early so we can continue to unpack from the move....damn moving.....oh well, beer and fried turkey....mmmmm....beer....

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

Just the beer man.....who the hell plans on diving anyway?????

I am only going to be there Saturday...and Sunday morning....I promised the wife I'd be home early so we can continue to unpack from the move....damn moving.....oh well, beer and fried turkey....mmmmm....beer....

I have a Turkey Fryer, some peanut oil (probably need more though), a burner and an extra LP tank, if necessary.

bob

I've already met Seacur (aka JohnF) and would be more than happy to add some international flava to the event :D

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom