Tiki dive site at Moorea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm looking for pictures of the metal tiki which is at the Tiki dive site in Moorea, French Polynesia. Please let me know if you have any websites or hard copies.

I'm going through my collection of pictures and realised that I didn't snap a picture of it when I was there. I would love to have one for my collection.

Thanks.

Sorry I can't help you with your picture but I'm looking for information on diving around Tahiti and Moorea. My wife and I are planning a trip there in December and hope to get in at least a few days of diving.

Any comments on teh best dives/sites?

Any comments on operators?

Is December a good time to dive there viz-wise? I understand it's the rainy season but does that translate into churned-up, water?

If you will go to Tahiti-explorer.com and look under their Forum board, a lot of people post their picture web sites there. You might do a search for the tiki. If you don't have any luck, let me know and I have several other places you might try. (I will have to look them up).
We are going to Moorea in November and staying a week there before we go on the Paul Gauguin for 2 weeks, then Bora Bora for 3 days after the cruise. I have begun scuba lessons so I will be prepared!! Really looking forward to it. Any tips on scuba diving on Moorea?
Good luck!

You guys are making me jealous! It was a year ago today we got back from a two trip to FP. I got certified just to scuba there. Now I'm completely hooked. Anyway I can't help you with Moorea. We did Bora Bora, Tikehau and Manihi. We stayed at the pearl beach the entire way and dove with Blue Nui. All three locations were great. The best dive by a hair was Manihi. A very close second was Tikehau. Bora Bora was the least interesing of the three. That said I would dive Bora Bora in a second. This is a relative comparision. Blue Nui set me up up on a day when there was NO ONE else on the boat. The DM the video guy and me. Yea I signed up for the video I was the only one oon the boat! How could I not? I was the star! Great dives. By all means do a wall dive and a drift dive you'll be dreamin' about going back. Have a great time you can't go wrong!

We got back from our trip in May. We cruised FP on the Tahitian Princess. Like a couple of the posters in this thread we were brand new to diving. It was our first salt water dives.

At the recommendation of folks on this board, we dove with the dive operators affiliated with Top Dive. They have associates on several of the FP islands, Moread, Tahiti and Bora Bora, included. Our experience with them was most satisfactory. The gear was reasonably new, and well maintained. The divemasters were attentive and the dive profiles were just right for us newbies.

They also sell a discounted 10 dive package that can be used with any of their associates, and they were very responsive to e-mail contacts.

Aside from being a satisfied customer, I have no association with the firm.

http://www.topdive.com/index.php

We spent 14 wonderful days in FP... it was GREAT!

KYDan

My fiance and I are going to FP for our honeymoon in September! 32 days of paradise. We're going to Moorea, Bora Bora, Manihi, Fakarava, Rurutu, and Nuka Hiva.
If we go to the site with the Tiki, I'll snap a shot for you!
41 days till we leave!:)

Hi! I took a pic of the Tiki a few weeks ago. Do you still need it? Let me know how to get it to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom