Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dyno Bill

Reaction score
I will start my first dive in a newly serviced reg and work it at perhaps 30-40 feet for a bit and if the flow and more importantly the sound seems correct I will get a little depth with it and see how it works. I have 2 regs that I dive and the valves in them both have a unique sound to themselfs and I put a lot of stock in the mechanical noises made from a machine that I use a lot. I may be goofy but thats how I do it. I have worked in the service and repair of technical equipment for over 30 yrs so maybe its a bad habit.
Bill........Dive safe

... Maybe I'm nuts (OK, not maybe - I really AM nuts:wacko: ), but I believe you about the sound. I just bought a new reg and tried it out today. I finally got my doubles set up with a new BP and bladder, so I had to get a 2nd reg. It's an Apeks, same as the original I've been using, but without that dang swivel that keeps gettin' in the way! After dealing with the bouyancy issues due to not dropping enough weight for the gear change, my reg sounded different. I switched between the 2 a couple of times and yep, it sounded different. Still works great and didn't take much time to get used to the change. I do the same thing with whatever vehicle I'm driving - I notice immediately if somthing sounds different while I'm driving. Drives me nutser than I already am when I change over my tires to or from the winter studded ones......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom