Made in the USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1). Zeagle, most of their items are U.S. manufactured (some are not)
2). Diverite, again most of their items are U.S. manufactured (but some are not)

What scuba gear manufacturers are made in the USA and Based in the USA?

I'm just curious as to why that matters to you? If a good product at a good price is what we are looking for why should it matter where it's made.

Deep Sea Supply makes an excellent product in the US. If someone in Germany can still buy it at a good price why should they not do so because it's not made locally (to them)?

Should they reward a German company making a lesser product at a higher price because it's "keeping" jobs in Germany? (By the way this approach didn't work out so well for Detroit).

Just curious as to your thinking.

I'm just curious as to why that matters to you? If a good product at a good price is what we are looking for why should it matter where it's made.

Deep Sea Supply makes an excellent product in the US. If someone in Germany can still buy it at a good price why should they not do so because it's not made locally (to them)?

Should they reward a German company making a lesser product at a higher price because it's "keeping" jobs in Germany?

Just curious as to your thinking.

I see where you are going with this and I do want a good product at a good price and if it’s made out of the US ok. But I would like to keep as much of my money in the USA as possible. This doesn’t mean I am anti any other countries product. It just means if I can buy it here I would prefer to. If I find a good deal on something from outside the US I would buy it. I just want to keep as much here as possible

Bye the way this post is not intended to upset anyone.

I see where you are going with this and I do want a good product at a good price and if it’s made out of the US ok. But I would like to keep as much of my money in the USA as possible. This doesn’t mean I am anti any other countries product. It just means if I can buy it here I would prefer to. If I find a good deal on something from outside the US I would buy it. I just want to keep as much here as possible

Bye the way this post is not intended to upset anyone.

I'm certainly not upset and thank you for your response.

I'm curious to see how this list develops as well. With the economic turbulence in our county these days, I know I would much rather buy something American made. I believe it's important that we keep our domestic economy supported and our residents working. Would the country of origin be the only factor for me buying equipment? No. Will it weigh heavily in the decision? Yes, now more then ever.

Personally, I'm a victim of 'outsourcing', so I know first-hand what it's like to lose your job to an overseas market. The more people we can keep working in this country, or get back into the workforce for that matter, the stronger our economy will get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom