New issue of the Underwater Journal available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walt Stearns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey everyone, the latest issue of the Underwater Journal is here - www.underwaterjournal.com

We are also proud to announce that it is now the official dive publication of SDI/TDI/ERDI, one of the world's largest and fastest growing recreational and extended range scuba training agencies.

As a result of this partnership, the Underwater Journal will now be distributed to more than 70,000 subscribers. In addition, the affiliation with SDI/TDI enables the Underwater Journal to deliver an even wider range of information and topics to more people with like minds – those who see the ocean as our playground.

This announcement coincides with the launch of the Underwater Journal's 13th issue - no tridecaphobia (fear of 13s) here. In fact, those who are lucky enough to receive or download the latest issue with benefit from the first results of this collaboration, as the issue contains an educational piece on technical wreck diving by Steve Lewis, Director of Marketing and Corporate Communications for SDI, TDI and ERDI.

As always, the Underwater Journal is available free to all who love diving and the underwater world, and no trees are killed – or harsh chemicals expelled into the world’s waters – to produce this magazine.

Attachments

• UWJissue13s.jpg
    UWJissue13s.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 57
Couldn't they have used a more original title? Pretty close to the "Undersea Journal" IMO:rofl3: I will take a look of course.

Yeah, it was really tough to come up with a title and migrate away from the words "scuba," "dive," "diver," "diving," "undersea and underwater." Whew, it didn't leave us too many combos. But we liked this, it encompasses more than just scuba diving, and it has been really well received. Hope you enjoy the issue!

You know what I meant. It looks interesting but as I get the "Undersea Journal" regularly I could not resist. What were some of the other ideas before you settled on "Underwater Journal"? In the "About Us" section IMO, your SDI affiliation should be mentioned. I like the sustainable publication premise and making it assessable to all.

Just finished reading it, Great issue Walt!

I really liked Debersole's Colbalt Coast report and Karen's Unexso Dolphin dive. The pictures stunning!!

Wow, how awesome. Thanks, Walt!

Back
Top Bottom