Professional v Recreational

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maggie

Contributor
Reaction score
The ratio of Instructors/Divemasters versus other divers on this board appears to he higher than on any other forums I have seen. Is this correct, and if so, does anyone know how many there are?

Maggie ..I agree with you on this. THis is a good thing for me who is still learning. I wonder if there are more DMs and Instructors on this board is it because they have no where else to go ?? Or is it that they have furthered their diving education for their own pleasure. Which IMHO is a great thing which we should all strive to do. Butch :confused:

Well, a lot of people come here to learn, and I would suggest that maybe there are many instructors for the following reasons...

1) they enjoy teaching, so why not on the net as well
2) they are hardcore about diving, so if they aren't wet, they may as well be thinking about it
3) they realize that they can learn from others, just as much as others can learn from them

I really appreciate all of the instructors on the board. I know that when I did my cert a short time ago, I discussed gear and things with the instructors, because I thought that these people work with the stuff on a regular basis, they will use lots of it, and will want what works for them.

I have just found this board and it is a cool place to be
You can never stop learning, and as an instructor, I am on the look out for either people to help or people to help me.

John Belushi in the Blues Brothers! Is that you, John? Well, if not, welcome anyhow!

Don't you just love goin' to a resort and strolling by the pool with all your gear? Of with your u/s camera and your reg after a dive! Very, very cool..............

Welcome, Belushi: you are sailing in a very big wake and we are happy to have you along!

Joewr...On a mission from God!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom