whats the water temp in sharm in dec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MeanGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hello guys, i just started my thread
about getting a wet suit, some people recommended 3mm hooded vest and a 5mm suit.
, i just got nice advice about which suits to get,
but since im very skinny, and i might go to sharm in Dec. people say its 23 degrees in the air, and the water is a bit warmer , like 25?
do i still go with the 3mm hooded vest and 5mm full suit ? or should i just get a semi dry suite while im at it?
i dived in sharm from 28th sept to 3rd oct.
i think it was 25-28c.
is it usually windy in dec?
thanx

ps, this is my post about the suit btw
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/310241-what-kind-wet-suit-should-i-get-confused.html

ahh, thanx. i doubt it'll be a nice experience for me then . ;l i dont know, i get so cold.
thanx

Last year the water temp was about 23deg C form most of Dec. Last week it was still 28deg C so should be similar to last year.

Most locals, myself included, tend to use dry suits as the wind has a real chill when you come out the water so if you are looking at a semi-dry I would definitely go for that if you don't have a drysuit.

The temp during the day is around 22/25 deg but it can drop down at night top 15/16 deg so bring a sweater.

Hope you have a good trip.

thanx man, i've done my research and decided , its a bad idea XD , like u said ,the wind can really kick ur ass, and to be honest. i was planning to bring the family and let them enjoy the beach. they can't do that . so we decided to push it a bit forward, maybe go to maldives instead,not sure. depends on the cash . "shrugs"
but thanx for the reply :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom