Where I can find the screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Baruke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I have a Ikelite house (#6140.59) and I need 2 screws to attach a tray (UCLS).
I think it is a 12-24, but I´d like to know if Ikelite sells that screws apart and what models are.

Thanks

You can call Ikelite customer service direct at 317-923-4523 with a Visa/MC to order the 12-24 screws. The size we use for the compact digital Ikelite tray is 12-24 X 1" (part #0333.8). Since we don't know the thickness of your UCLS tray, make sure you order the correct length. We also have 12-24 X 1/2" and 12-24 X 7/8" screws available.

Regards,

http://www.boltdepot.com/

I've found a bunch of hard to get stainless bolts at this place. I guess there is a 'depot' for everything these days. Cracked me up when I first saw it, but they had what I needed for cheap and shipped it out really fast.

Hi,

Thanks.
I got 2 M8 bolts and a friend take it to his factory where pass to 12/24 ".
The job was well done and it fits 100% on the house and tray.

I didn´t found A4 category of Inox, just A2, but I think it´ll work fine.

Now It´s time to dive...

Bolt Depot - Nuts and Bolts, Screws and Fasteners online

I've found a bunch of hard to get stainless bolts at this place. I guess there is a 'depot' for everything these days. Cracked me up when I first saw it, but they had what I needed for cheap and shipped it out really fast.

Great link! Have the SS bolts from there held up well?

Now I just have to figure out what the heck the sizes are on the stuff I already have... :confused:

Great link! Have the SS bolts from there held up well?

Now I just have to figure out what the heck the sizes are on the stuff I already have... :confused:

I've had them in the water (salt) a few times in the last couple months with no problems. I get smaller stuff from West Marine, a boat store near me.

Another good place - http://stainlesstown.com/product_info.php?products_id=1429

This is an explaination of 18/8 stainless from the link above:

304: The basic alloy. Type 304 (18-8) is an austenitic steel possessing a minimum of 18% chromium and 8% nickel, combined with a maximum of 0.08% carbon. It is a nonmagnetic steel which cannot be hardened by heat treatment, but instead. must be cold worked to obtain higher tensile strengths.
The 18% minimum chromium content provides corrosion and oxidation resistance. The alloy's metallurgical characteristics are established primarily by the nickel content (8% mm.), which also extends resistance to corrosion caused by reducing chemicals. Carbon, a necessity of mixed benefit, is held at a level (0.08% max.) that is satisfactory for most service applications.
The stainless alloy resists most oxidizing acids and can withstand all ordinary rusting. HOWEVER, IT WILL TARNISH. It is immune to foodstuffs, sterilizing solutions, most of the organic chemicals and dyestuffs, and a wide variety of inorganic chemicals. Type 304, or one of its modifications, is the material specified more than 50% of the time whenever a stainless steel is used.
Because of its ability to withstand the corrosive action of various acids found in fruits, meats, milk, and vegetables, Type 304 is used for sinks, tabletops, coffee urns, stoves, refrigerators, milk and cream dispensers, and steam tables. It is also used in numerous other utensils such as cooking appliances, pots, pans, and flatware.
Type 304 is especially suited for all types of dairy equipment - milking machines, containers, homogenizers, sterilizers, and storage and hauling tanks, including piping, valves, milk trucks and railroad cars. This 18-8 alloy is equally serviceable in the brewing industry where it is used in pipelines, yeast pans, fermentation vats, storage and railway cars, etc. The citrus and fruit juice industry also uses Type 304 for all their handling, crushing, preparation, storage and hauling equipment.
In those food processing applications such as in mills, bakeries, and slaughter and packing houses, all metal equipment exposed to animal and vegetable oils, fats, and acids is manufactured from Type 304.
Type 304 is also used for the dye tanks, pipelines buckets, dippers, etc. that come in contact with the lormic, acetic, and other organic acids used in the dyeing industry.

In the marine environment, because of it slightly higher strength and wear resistance than type 316 it is also used for nuts, bolts, screws, and other fasteners. It is also used for springs, cogs, and other components where both wear and corrosion resistance is needed...Type 316 is the main stainless used in the marine environment, with the exception of fasteners and other items where strength and wear resistance are needed, then Type 304 (18-8) is typically used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom