Cressi Sub-SL vs SL-Star

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammer5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Interesting at getting my first pneumatic speargun, currently looking at the cressi sub-SL and the SL star; either the 24" or 16" which then the SL-Star is only made that length. I normally boat dive off the Jersey coastline and currently use a JBL mini-carbine which works decently, but i need to get to point blank range. I noticed that the difference between the SL and the SL-star is the power reducer, Is the power reducer really neccessary?

Thanks,

I don't have the first hand experience, but from what I understood from reading - yes it is. Rubbers have the two notches to select the power.
BTW I just got Comanche instead. My local shop has both and the guy who works there (and spears himself) convinced me to the rubber. The pneumatic is more expensive, so he had no direct interest.

The power reducer is a good function in rocky areas, so not to damage the tip once through the fish.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom