Connecticut Salt Water Fishing License

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Received this from RogueIslandDivers@yahoogroups.com recently thought it might interest some folks.

For those who transit or live in CT, here are their latest:
Connecticut Salt Water Fishing License
For more info go to:
\\www.ct.gov\dep\cwp\view.asp?a=2696&q=322716& depNav_GID=1630#MarineLic and click on Marine Fishing Licenses
If you want to have a good day spearfishing and grabbing a couple "bugs", be prepared to cough up a lot more dough!
Fees (as of 10/1/2009):
New Marine Waters Fishing license: $10.00
Personal Use Lobster License: $120.00
The state raised a whole bunch of fees this year and socked us all in the wallet. Lobster licenses are still available only by mail but the Marine Fishing license is sold at many town halls and other sporting goods establishments.
From the DEP (Dept of Environment Protection) Website:
What is a Marine Waters Fishing License (MWFL) and who is required to have one?
The Marine Waters Fishing License (also known as a Saltwater Fishing License) is an annual sport fishing license issued on a calendar year basis. Anyone age 16 or older, fishing (taking or attempting to take fish or bait species) from shore or from a boat in the marine district of this state or landing marine fish or bait species in Connecticut taken from offshore waters is required to have one.
Will anglers age 65 and older be required to get the Marine Waters Fishing License every year?
Yes. The license is free for resident anglers age 65 and older, but a new license must be obtained every year. This is needed to meet the requirements for exemption from a federal registry.
Are combination licenses available with hunting or freshwater fishing?
No. At present there are no combination licenses that include marine waters fishing.
Do I have to carry my license with me when fishing?
Yes. Like all licenses, the holder must have a valid license in his/her possession.
Is this license required to have fish on my vessel in Connecticut waters if I am just transiting through?
No. For example you may take fish in Rhode Island or New York waters and transit through Connecticut waters to land the fish in Westerly on the Pawcatuck River without a Connecticut license. Note that Connecticut regulations governing minimum size, creel limit and open/closed seasons are possession limits and anglers must be in compliance with those laws whenever they are on the waters this state – even just transiting through - or on any parcel of land, structure, or portion of a roadway abutting tidal waters of this state.
-------------- Original message from <fvcostanzo@charter.net>: --------------

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom