Mv sea queen - maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wossa

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

I am wondering if any of the board members have been on this liveaboard and any thoughts on it !

Cheers

Hi Woosa
Just returned from 12 nights on Sea Queen; this is our 2nd stay on SQ all I can say it...book it...now!

Dave and Lisa who are the dive directors are fantastic; they've been on SQ for 4yrs and really do know thier stuff and go out of thier way to ensure guests have a great holiday with some truly memorable dives.

Maldive Scuba Tours have over 14yrs experience in the Maldives and it shows with their knowledge.

They have 2 main boats; Sea Queen & Sea Spirit; we've stayed on both and the dive directors on both boats (Dave & Lisa, David & Tracey) are great. We've gone back to Sea Queen mainly due to Dave's not bad on the guitar!

The boats are not big and takes a max 12 guests which from our point of view is better than being a number on a boat jam packed with loads of divers all wanting to see that 'small critter'

The crew on both boats are fab and really do make sure guests have a good holiday. The chefs on SQ know how to knock up some fantastic meals and the daily afternoon cake to munch on after the last dive really does hit the spot and goes down a treat

If you have any specific Q's then please pm me.
Vicky

Sea Queen is a dedicated divers liveaboard offering full flexibility to their itinerary so they take you where the action is; they don't follow a set route, it's not a Maldivian Cruise with some diving it's all about the Diving! Flexibility is key to finding Manta Rays and Whalesharks in the Maldives as they migrate and move around with seasonal changes, just take a look at the "trip report" postings on their website!! They see Manta Rays on almost every single sailing.... all year round! With 20years experience - dive in with Maldives Scuba Tours, they know their stuff:D

I did a 12 day on the Sea Queen in the spring of 07 with Dave and Lisa as the DMs, and just got back from 14 days on the MV Orion. Though the Orion is bigger and has higher grade accommodations, I would pick the Sea Queen again.

The Sea Queen is dedicated to small groups of serious divers. The DMs know their reefs and fish and critters and coral. The Sea Queen dive op is in a superior class of its own. The Orion may get there in a year of so, but they are not there yet. If you want more details PM me.

Wow thanks everybody for your comments..I have since booked my trip on Sea Queen for the first week of March 2010....yahoo!!...I would love to do a 12 day trip but I am restricted getting the time off of work.

However I am also looking at the 'Manta Special' 12 day trip they have for Sept/Oct time. Really looking forward to the trip even more now after such positive feedback from everyone !!

A couple of questions....how many dives a day did you get to do. Any night dives ? Anything you would recommend to take that you didn't !!

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond...

Wossa

Hi Wossa
Good to see you went ahead and booked; you'll have a fab time.

Since my 1st post we've also gone and booked another trip; this time we're doing the Huvadhoo trip - like you we can't wait.

There tends to be 3 dives a day and normally 1 night dive a week; dependant on where the safari takes you - a good night dive is Maya Thila.

The Manta trip your also looking at will be great; have a look back at their trip reports. Our recent trip wasn't a Manta Special Trip but we were lucky enough ddo a dive with 50+ Mantas with a 8m Whale Shark....awsome!

Things we wish we took...
  • Crackers to go with cheese; we took out a selection of cheese and forgot the crackers!
  • If you have decaf coffee/fruit teas then take them with you
  • If you require a 'daily fix' of chocolete then take some out with you
  • Don't buy alcohol at duty free to take with you as you will not be allowed to enter the Maldives with you. It will be confiscated on arrival for you to collect on departure

If you have any other Q's then please feel free to ask away
Kasha

Thanks Kasha for all your advice.

Have an awesome trip at Huvadhoo and I hope you get to post about it on your return !!

Wossa

Lulalips,

I did not see any mantas or whale sharks. Do you think I should ask for a refund?

Oh by the way, you appear to be a professional ad copy writer. But not a very good one.

Snappy

Hi

I am wondering if any of the board members have been on this liveaboard and any thoughts on it !

Cheers

my wife and i were on the sea queen a few years back. would go again in a heartbeat. dave and lisa are awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom