Wedding in Florida Keys, help please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikwho

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, my fiance' and I are looking into having our wedding in the keys. We need help with finding a location. We have not been there before and we don't even know which island we want to have it on. We were originally having the cerimony in the Bahamas and have decided to keep it in the US for numerous reasons. We would like to find a place on the beach, hopefully on site of the place that we will stay. Looking at about 50-60 people attending. If you guys can help identify some nice places that might be appropriate, it would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you guys!

Contact Speargirl here on ScubaBoard. She rents condos and townhomes at Kawama Yacht Club on Key Largo. KYC has a beach, a big party chickee hut, a marina, a couple of pools, and all of your guests could stay there in the condos and townhomes.

Many people get married at sunset at the Marriott at MM103.5, but I'll bet that is REALLY pricey.

Hey Nikwho,

I have many ideas for your wedding if you would like me to help out. You could have it on the beach or even have a big weeding in or out of the water. Captain Slate is known for his weddings here in the Keys. He performs about 50 a year here in the Keys. Just last week he had 3 beach weddings.
If you would like me to help just give me a shout on the phone. It's your weddding and it should be a evening to remember for you and your guests.
Congrats on your new life together.
Becky

Thank you Becky! I have spent the past few hours going through your florida keys guide sticky. Very helpful!!! I would love to chat with you! We have about a million questions!

RUNAWAY! RUNAWAY! RUNAWAY!!

RunawayBride-Logo.jpg

I'm getting married at Chesapeake Beach Resort in Islamorada. So far, I'd recommend them highly!

We are also looking into the possibility of renting a beach house with enough property to have the service and reception. we are looking for room for 20-30 people. If anyone knows of a house, let me know! we have found a bunch, but they either won't allow a wedding because of "wear and tear" or they say that marathon county requires them to write a one month lease! so the house that we wanted was charging $7000 for the 5 days we were there because we had to pay for the entire month of feburary! my goodness.... this is proving to be difficult! :)

Becky/Speargirl can set you up with a rental of that type of property. Give her a call.

It's Monroe County. Marathon is a city in Monroe County. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom