AirTrim - a passing fad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm not sure who had the first "AirTrim", I think Dacor was the first one I saw... and I know they had several. Looking at their website now, the only AT they still offer is the "Talon", and even that is also offered with a conventional type inflator.

I've also noticed the Nautica's and Extremelle's hitting the discount/closeout online stores, just as other big name manufacturer's are coming out with their own AT lines.

But if :whatthe: Dacor was first, why would they seem to be dumping AT already? Not catching on? Reliability or safety issues?

My girlfriend likes the idea of never having to look for her inflator and I've been thinking about buying her an Extremelle, but I don't really want to buy into something that may be a passing fad... Parts could get very hard to find in a hurry! (Not to mention *expensive* :) :banging:

You are opening a can of worms with this question. A lot of strong discussions on this topic.

From what I understand Mares has the patent on the AT design. When Mares purchased Dacor they added the AT line to the Dacor. Mares AT BC are selling like hotcakes, but Dacor are not (don't know why). I believe that Mares intends to make Dacor the Tec/Rec diving equipment company.

Mares has four BCs with the AT design (Morphos, Pegasus, DragonFly, HUB (ugh)). Cressi AT's are also selling well and ScubaPro has just intro'd the Classic Air BC.

Is the AT design a fad? Don't know that either. Guess only time will tell. I am thoroughly enjoying my Morphos.

Parts may be a problem in finding a LDS that stocks them. I am close to NYC so I can get anything.

Whatever you decide, dive smart, dive safe

Enjoy the ride
:mean:

CozumelDiver once bubbled...
I've also noticed the Nautica's and Extremelle's hitting the discount/closeout online stores, just as other big name manufacturer's are coming out with their own AT lines.

My girlfriend likes the idea of never having to look for her inflator and I've been thinking about buying her an Extremelle, but I don't really want to buy into something that may be a passing fad... Parts could get very hard to find in a hurry! (Not to mention *expensive* :) :banging:

Make sure you get the version with AirTrim. Both Nautica and Extremelle also have a version with Dacor's 'Pulse Inflator' power inflator, which is supposed to be some kind of really great power inflator (fast fill, fast dump).

I dunno if it could even be called a fad. I've never even seen it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom