Utila Lodge or Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy

New
Reaction score
We are planning a trip to Roatan (or Utlia) for March or April. Utila Lodge looks very nice but the Fantasy Island price is pretty hard to beat. If anyone has been to either of these destinations recently we would really appreciate your opinion.

Thanks, Randy

Hi Randy,

I've been to both & they are quite different. It's not clear to me on what basis you have chosen these, other than perhaps price (e.g., no mention of desired topside activities, types of diving, resort facilities, etc.).

Utila Lodge is a friendly & funky place with okay diving around the island. Fantasy Island is much more upscale, and the diving is better overall, especially the convenient shore diving.

If I was going to dive the Honduras, I'd go to Fantasy Island's neighbor, CoCoView.

Hope this gets you started.

DocVikingo

THE ADVANTAGE OF UTILA LODGE IS THAT AT THAT TIME OF YEAR THE POSSIBILITIES OF A WHALE SHARK ENCOUNTER ARE VERY GOOD. WILLY THE BOAT CAPTAIN IS FAMOUS FOR FINDING WHALE SHARKS BEEN WRITTEN UP IN MOST OF THE BIG MAGAZINES

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom