New wreck trip in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
List,
I am running a trip to a uncharted wreck next February leaving from Pattaya Thailand which is 2 hours south of Bangkok. The wreck is about 300 Meters long, the wreck sits in 72 meters of water. The wreck sits up about 30 - 40 meters, there should be plenty to see. The trip is scheduled to be a four day trip. This is the first trip that has ever been run to this wreck (that I know of) and should be quite interesting.

Bruce

Sounds interesting..

I usually go to Thailand once or twice a year, who knows maybe I will be around.

Any details about the wreck (cargo, military etc.) any maps of the interior or potential nice sites to see inside?

Dir Tec Diver
I really don't have much info on the wreck other then it is 300 meters long and in 72 meters of water. This is part of the reason for the exploration trip. I have held numerous of other trips on new wreck sites in the past. I have two other wrecks that have not been dove on that I am wanting to get to later this year. Earlier this year I dove 4 ancient pottery wrecks dating back around 400-700 years old. Thailands gulf is flooded with wrecks and new sites. In November I am planning on diving on a sunken city that is in 120 meters of water. I do have GPS heading of a Buddah temple, motel and a school.

Bruce

That sounds really nice..

Maybe you could give me a tip..

We are 4 tec divers that are planning a trip to thailand in february -04

Which divecenter should we turn to??
We usually dive in sweden so we don't want to go fish watching but rather make som interesting dives on old wrecks or something like that...

We also would like to have dubbeltanks and use our normal tec gear..

Do you guys have any tip on where I should turn to get this kind of diving?? :confused:

Tecbabe
I can arrange everything that you need. I have been living here in Thailand for the last 10 years teaching technical diving. I do know of quite a few ship wrecks in the Gulf of Thailand. I have everything from rental equipment, new equipment, double tanks, deco tanks. Best to email me at andibk@loxinfo.co.th Sorry for the late reply as I have been out of commission moving buildings. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom