I need a new job... scuba boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheezy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey people, I'm looking for a new job. I've worked on several boats in my time, usually auto ferry's or fishing rigs, and I have a 50 ton near coastal captains license. Has anyone here ever worked on a Dive boat? I think it would be pretty fun, minus the occasional diving accident that is bound to happen sooner or later.

Anyone? Have an opportunity??

Let me know.... I'm sick of being a headhunter and making cold calls all day.

I've DM'ed for a bunch of boats before. And though I have the necessary Sea-time logged already, I haven't driven down to the Coast Guard offices to pick up a Captain's Liscence yet... I will soon though. Working on a boat is cool, as long as there's enough crew to take turns diving in the process.

Hey Wheezy, can't you head-hunt up a SCUBA Angel for us? I want to go play!

-kate

Well, being a headhunter you would think so... let me be the first to tell you... being a recruiter is HARD WORK and I'm about 0 for a month now... that means I have not made a dime in a month... the market is just really bad right now.

ESPECIALLY in technical which is what I do (got my degree in computer science)... can't stand computers anymore...

Mario about that license... there is a tad bit more to it than that... I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST taking a class as the test at the Coast Guard is TOUGH... very TOUGH... the one's that they give in the class are much easier... just to let you know.... you should do it though... it's a great thing to have

Anyhow... if you hear of anything let me know... :D

No sweat Wheezy, I have the CD-Rom and I know some guys that went through it recently. There is a class offered that I plan to take as well. After all that, I'm sure I won't run into any trouble :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom