OTS Guardian.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I picked up two Guardian Full Face masks this weekend at the DEMA show.

These units are so far ahead of the others and the price is right and that makes it even better.

Even installed my Dive-Optics this afternoon in one.

Amazing video they've done and I'm excited about getting in the water with this piece.

I got a new 1st and 2nd stage, some new Milflex hoses and a LP95 to complete the Kit.

Photos and review to come.

Greetings Islandheart....

I too picked up 2 Guardian Full Face Masks also at the DEMA Conference! Very nice product and very good OTS reps! Where I live I probably will not get a chance to try them outside of a pool till spring so please make sure you forward me reviews on your test dives with them.

I did try the Guardian FFM out in the DEMA pool at the conference and it fit me very well, was very comfortable, no leaks at all, and I had no trouble clearing my ears...but lets get real..I was in a pool!

Have a good one!!

You are going to love these masks!!! Ive been diving a couple of them for a few months. They are so easy to use, and extremely comfortable. I love mine. Did you get a Buddy phone or Mag coms with your masks?

Hi MindMagick and H20PP,

Wished I had the time down there to try them out, I was working the EDGE/HOG booth so my time was somewhat limited to get out and visit.

I was talking to the guys at the Navys EXP Dive unit booth and they were very pleased with the Guardian. They currently use the AGA and others, but really like the new "Hat".... hard for me to call it a hat as compared to an old MKV but....

Great that you guys responded here, as a user of a product, I like to visit on these forums to discuss the pros and cons and great little hints owners have to say, that just can't be found anywhere else.

I bought one, Blue mask with BLK frame, that I bought home with me and I ordered one Blue mask with a Red Frame piece with the Comm unit installed.

I'm considering calling and getting them to throw in a Receiver only unit so that at least I can somewhat communicate with a dive buddy. I did not get the price on the receiver only piece.

Did you get it?

Mind..... did you bring yours home from the show or are they sending them to you?

Lastly, what about the saftey clips they had on some of the Masks??? I noticed that the one they gave me to bring home did not have them, some of the others did.

Guess I'll need to call or e-mail them about that.

H20 does yours have these clips, guess it's to respond to that safety recall thing ?????

I've got around 30 dives on my Guardian.

PICT0341Large.jpg

Greetings to all...

The Guardian FFM I tried in the DEMA pool did not have the clips but I was under the impression that all current masks for sale have the safety clips as displayed at their OTS Booth. I am having both of the masks shipped to me as the OTS reps said they would be here within a week and shipping & handling would only be approx. $7.00 bucks per mask. This way I didn't have to crush them in my suitcase or carry them on board the airplane on my way home from the Conference. BTW - I got one in Steeler Black & Gold and the other in Black with the Blue Frame! Have a good one guys!!!
PS - LOVE the photo!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings Again...

I also picked up 2nd Stage Swivel Regulator fittings for the Guardian FFM at the OMNISWIVIL Booth just as personal preference & conveniency!

Here's mine right out of the box. No clips. I left an e-mail for them today but I'm sure they need a little break after that show. I'm sure they'll let me know if I should send it to them.

DSC_0073.jpg

I was looking for the Omni booth but never got there, I also want to get the swivel fittings as well for both of my GFFMs.

I'm using a HOG tech diver 1st stage Cold D-1, a HOG 2nd stage as my Octo with yellow Milflex hose. I got another quick-disconnect for my Atmos AI and a 36" Black Milflex for the Guardians 2nd stage.

DSC_0074.jpg

Your going to have to let me know about the safety clips! I will advise when I get mine in the mail!

Spoke to them today and the owner said yes all new masks have the clips and a redesigned and strengthened frame is in the design right now. When we return the units for our free 1st year service, the new frame will be installed.

I got one of the mask that was to be used for tech training by mistake and they issued a UPS label for me to return it. He said they'll send me a new mask and not this one back.

What was the part number on the swivil you picked up?

I ordered a commo unit to be installed in my Yellow mask and also a RX100 Buddy Phone.
Ocean Technology Systems - RX-100 Buddy Phone

Pretty cool, you can use it, the RX100, almost like an underwater speaker to talk to other divers.

Thanks,
Bob C.

Back
Top Bottom