Came home with a CARLOAD of new SCUBA gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sabbath999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, the drysuits we had ordered arrived at Y-Kiki Divers (St. Louis) on Friday, so Saturday we went and picked everything up (and sized all the stuff...).

It took about four hours to get the seals right, make sure everything fit, and get the extras lined out.

We ended up coming home with the suits, both DUI TS 350's, hers a standard fit mine had to be custom made. We both opted for shoulder entry (for various reasons including the fact they were $500 cheaper per suit) and got gray on black coloration. We got the zip seal setup (went with latex seals) and had two large pockets added to them as well

Also coming home in the car was a pair each of Pinnacle Evolution 2 undergarments (40-65 temp range), rock boots, a pair of gloves each, dry suit hangers, DUI hoods with the warm neck tuck under thingy as well.

Since my fins are too small with rock boots, I got a new set of fins as well. I went with the Hollis F1 fins, they fit really well on the size 12 boots.

We didn't get a chance to try them out this weekend (we had other plans) but we are going to be in the pool this next weekend working out the details and getting everything set up and buoyancy checks all out of the way, and then we plan on splashing em for real the next weekend.

We drove right past The Dive Stop in New Melle late this afternoon on our way home, and stopped by to chat up any divers who were there... from this board GBray and Fleep were just done with some dives and we talked to them a while... man, that was hard just standing there watching other people drip, but soon it will be us as well. Fleep and another guy were diving dry, but GBray was diving wet (WAY too cold for me... low 50's at best in the drink, he's more hardcore about it than I am).

Boxes and bags of brand new gear all over the house... gotta love it :)

Is it Christmas already?

Sounds cool, enjoy the new gear!

Good for yall. Have fun with your new equipment. But, personally, I don't plan to dive anywhere near their's water cold enough to warrant using a dry suit. In other words, nothing north of Key Largo. So I'm gonna save that thousand plus for more diving and beer.

:bounce3::bounce::bounce2::bounce4: new gear is always fun!!!! Enjoy!!!!

I'm still waiting for my DUI TLS 350 to come in. :depressed:

Did you need a bigger car to haul all your new gear?

Congratulations, but..
*** are you doing sitting here telling us about it?? GO DIVE! :D

Yea, I was a little envious seeing those new dry suits after climbing out of that cold water in my wet suit. I am scheduled for my drysuit class next week so hopefully soon I will be nice and toasty in that cool water.Can't wait to dive with you again sabbath and see how you do in that new exposure gear.

Have fun. Once you go dry you don't go back!

Back
Top Bottom