I feel like a kid in a candy store........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Sharpe

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
every time I visit my LDS or browse the on-line retailers.

Long story short, I decided it was time to get a BP/W and I ordered a Dive Rite SS backplate, Oxycheq Mach V wing (40lb lift) & harness from scubatoys.com yesterday. The package arrived at the office today (pretty fast international shipping!!!) and I assembled everything a little while ago.

It's going to kill me having to wait until Sunday to get out and try it, now all I need to do is round up a buddy (who's patient enough for a trial run type of dive - I'm sure I'll spend some time adjusting my weights) & head to either the quarry or Prescott this weekend.

There's always the bath tub......... On a more serious note it may take a little adjusting to get the proper fit so get ready to be patient.

It's not that diffucult really. Here's a useful link:
DIR-diver.com - Adjust the backplate

It might take a few dives to get it dialed in. But you can be close the first time in the water.

I think the OP was more concerned about weighting and trim than harness adjustment.

It's not that diffucult really. Here's a useful link:
DIR-diver.com - Adjust the backplate

It might take a few dives to get it dialed in. But you can be close the first time in the water.

Great link - thanks. I've spent some time adjusting the harness (hey - it beats getting any real work done!) and the backplate is pretty much in the same position as the pictures.

every time I visit my LDS or browse the on-line retailers.

Long story short, I decided it was time to get a BP/W and I ordered a Dive Rite SS backplate, Oxycheq Mach V wing (40lb lift) & harness from scubatoys.com yesterday. The package arrived at the office today (pretty fast international shipping!!!) and I assembled everything a little while ago.

It's going to kill me having to wait until Sunday to get out and try it, now all I need to do is round up a buddy (who's patient enough for a trial run type of dive - I'm sure I'll spend some time adjusting my weights) & head to either the quarry or Prescott this weekend.

Congrats! :D Don't worry, you'll have it where you want/need it all in a few dives or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom