Left my divelog in rental car in Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

princessaprilia

Contributor
Reaction score
snowbound Canadian fortress, AKA Regina, SK
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm devastated! :puppy:

I can't believe that I did it, but I actually lost my dive log! I've been calling the rental agency, begging them to find and return my log, but I think I am going to be out of luck.

So my question is... how tragic is this?

I will have to replace my C-card and my dive tables. I have the stats on my last 15 dives in my dive computer, but no dates/times/anything on my first 30 dives.

:sadangel:

I use a standard log book, no computer. I xerox each page and keep them separate from the book.

I'm devastated! :puppy:

I can't believe that I did it, but I actually lost my dive log! I've been calling the rental agency, begging them to find and return my log, but I think I am going to be out of luck.

So my question is... how tragic is this?

I will have to replace my C-card and my dive tables. I have the stats on my last 15 dives in my dive computer, but no dates/times/anything on my first 30 dives.

:sadangel:

Oh sorry to hear this :( I really hope you can get it back. I have a really detailed log and would be really upset to lose it so can understand how upset you might be.

I think maybe for future could you try an electronic log and back that up? Or take photocopies of your log and leave them in a seperate place? For example, I have an online book that is backed up to my home computer, which in turn is backed up offsite to a rack that my partner has (along with the rest of the stuff on my computer, especially all my photos). Hopefully that will keep it safe!

Which rental agency? I live near FLL. If they will hold it behind the counter, I'll be happy to pick it up and mail it to you. PM me in case I don't see this thread again; I won't have much computer time the next couple of days.

Thanks Debby!

I dropped the car off with Enterprise at the airport. They say they haven't found it, but they keep checking with their contract company that does the cleaning.

Not looking promising.

where in Florida, if its west palm i can pick it up and mail it to you. I would suggest maby doing like a mini log book (little 10 page thing that is like 2 bucks at the dive shop) use that on trips then transfer everything to main book kept at home. But i use a comp and back everything up onto a jump drive so dont really have to worry since its like i have 2 books

I actually quit carrying a dive log since I've only been asked to see one once in about four years. Beanazz I look about as old as Methusala (?) I guess they figure that not much would be lost if I buy it while diving with them. Also, I usually dive with only a half dozen dive shops they remember me and don't ask. If I know that I am going to dive some deep wrecks I copy a few pages from my log and take that along just in case. Since my computer stores all the information that I need for the last 20 dives not much else is needed.

I've never actually been asked to show my log book. However, I carry it on every dive trip. I have a paper book plus one on my computer at home and a copy of that (in pdf format) on my iPhone. I do have to enter the information on the computer and then manually into the log book, but that gives me a degree of protection against loss.

Don't give up hope! We left a camera in the car and we got that back after a week! (and come to think of it, it was Enterprise in Fort Lauderdale as well!)

Back
Top Bottom