Tippping Instructor Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xeptra

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was OW certified a couple monthes ago and just now thought of the idea of tipping the instructor. I read several forums on this site on the proper tipping of an instructor if one so wishes to do so. Since it is kinda late in the game I decided to write to PADI telling them of what an awesome instructor he was. My question is: Will this instructor ever get to read the review I left for him through padi? Do they forward the praise on to him or is it something he will never know about? I left the review the proper way on the site and gave his instructor number. I want him to know how much I appricated his instruction, becasue he was one hell of an instructor. I am toying with the idea of forwarding him the review that I sent to PADI and letting him know how much I appriciate everything he did for me, scuba has literally changed my life for the better!:D Would that be okay? I plan on furthering my certification with him and already know what I'm gonna do next time. Thanks guys!

I've gotten praise forwarded to me from PADI. I think it's great that you took the time to send it. I think it would also be great to send him a note letting him know what you think. I keep all of the notes that my students give me. It warms my heart and I appreciate that more than anything else.

BTW, welcome to ScubaBoard! :admingreet:

When your instructor finds a post on sb, it's gratification enough :)

When your instructor finds a post on sb, it's gratification enough :)

That's IF he finds it. I think a personal letter delights the instructor and he can refer to it when he has that student that makes him question his abilities. It's always nice to hear from the source of how one has helped another. Just MHO.

PADI will contact him and send him a copy of the letter.I have gotten them and PADI claims they put it in his/her file.
Its never too late to drop off a nice bottle of wine for the instructor though :)...

My O/W instructor should be pleased that I havent gone back to his shop to knock his ass out once I figured out how much he shafted me.
AOW instructor however, (different shop) gets a laurel and hearty handshake.

zaberman1 is my instructor.... Didn't think he would find the post lol. I fail at being sneaky

My O/W instructor should be pleased that I havent gone back to his shop to knock his ass out once I figured out how much he shafted me.
AOW instructor however, (different shop) gets a laurel and hearty handshake.

Yikes, hopefully your instructor won't find this one

Send him a check. Talk's cheap.

Back
Top Bottom