Ecolodges in Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aniri

New
Reaction score
Hello!

We´ve decided to make it´s all about diving- sort of a trip to Sharm. We have only 25 (AOWD) logged dives, so liveaboards are out of our reach(or are they? 3 or 5 days trip would be perfect). But still we want to "collect" as many dives as possible during our 1 week trip.

Couple of years ago we spent our holiday in Marsa Shagra ecolodge and totally enjoyed it! Is there similar ecolodges in Sharm with a two day boat trip per day + unlimited reef diving? If not, what would be the best way to get as many dives as possible?Yes, I´m greedy, I know :D

Thanks in advance. I have found this forum really helpful! :)

I would say liveaboard too... Blue O'two do a "Haya" safari.. which is an eco clean up trip if you are interested in the ecological side of things... that may be based out of Hurghada though.

Tony Backhurst, now known as Oxygene also do some great trips. If you go on their mailing list and are prepared to book last minute, you can get some good deals.

Both have excellent boats and superb staff, whilst I have not actually been on a Blue O'Two trip, I have had nothing but great reports from guests who have dived with them.

Hope that helps.

You can try UMBI at sharks bay, the local beach diveis good but am not sure they have boats
they are definitely Eco as you can sleep in a beduin tent...
But as others says you can go on a northern reef liveaboard and you can then get 21-23 dives in a week and it's better than diving from the beach especially as the wreck and reefs allows you to do
many wreck dives including a night dive on the thistlegorm which is very good

And you leave from sharks bay ideal for tiran...
True, since Sharks Bay is the nearest jetty to Tiran.

The main drawback I experience with Sharks Bay jetty is that it's very small, which means that not all the boats can enter the jetty to load guests at the same time. Only 3 or 4 boats can be on the jetty's pavement at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom